Snuggles (I can't come up with a better title)

Basically sickeningly sweet fluff. Enjoy.

Steve's footsteps are heavy, matching his heart as he slams the door of his and Bucky's shared Brooklyn home behind him.
Bucky perks up from where he's sitting on the sofa, dressed in sweat pants and a shirt that Steve honestly can't remember of its his of Bucky's. His dark hair is pulled back into a small pony tail, and Steve can't help but envy how relaxed he looks, how happy he seems.
At least he had a good day, Steve thinks to himself as he kicks off his shoes by the door.

"Hi, Babydoll. " Bucky greets him as he gets up off of the sofa.
"How was the mission? I was trying to keep up with it on the news, but Tony was hogging the camera, so I couldn't see you." He chuckles quietly to himself.

Steve doesn't return his perky attitude. He lets out a sigh as he takes his shield off of his back and props it up against the wall along with his helmet.

"Steve?" Bucky asks, concern for his boyfriend etched upon his features. "C'mon, baby, what's wrong?" He sits back down on the sofa and pats the spot beside him, silently asking him to sit with him.

Steve does, and almost groans as he sinks into the feather soft cushions. He hasn't sat since this morning, before he was called in to stop some troublemakers in Boston.

Bucky smiles softly when he sees just how much relief simply sitting down gives him. "So how was it?" He moves closer to him and rests his hand upon Steve's.

Steve stares ahead as he states two words. "Four casualties. "

It then clicks with Bucky why Steve's upset. He tries to be positive for his sake. "Hey, that's not so bad."

Steve finally looks at him, his eyes look tired and the expression on his face questions unspokenly, really? Because to Steve, even one death is a tragedy. Even if it's a much smaller number of casualties than most missions produce, Bucky knows that even four deaths have the ability to break Steve's heart.

Bucky heaves a soft sigh as he stands from the sofa and offers Steve his hand. "C'mon. You're all full of dirt and grime. We'll get you cleaned up, then I'll treat you to some intense cuddling. " He smiles and wiggles his eyebrows, making Steve smile ever so slightly.

"There's my best guy. There's that pretty smile that I love so much. "

Steve smiles again as he takes Bucky's hand. Their fingers lace together as Bucky tugs him towards the bathroom.
He allows himself to be lazy and pliant as Bucky helps him out of his suit, careful of the cuts and bruises he collected throughout the day, even if most of them were almost already fully healed.

He sits on the toilet lid as Bucky leans over the bathtub and starts to run him a warm bath. A moment later, Bucky turns to look at him. "Ya want bubbles, Babydoll?"

Slowly, Steve nods. Childish as it may seem, both him and Bucky alike love bubble baths. It was great for both of them when they wanted to unwind after a long day. Something about the mix of warm water and the foamy substance brought peace and tranquility.

Bucky takes a blue bottle of liquid off the bathroom shelf and pours a generous amount into the steamy water, which creates little bubbles almost instantly. He turns to Steve. "Ready, darlin'?"

Steve nods again as he holds his arms out to Bucky, silently asking him to assist him into the tub.
Bucky happily obliges, wrapping his arms around Steve's waist and pulls him up to his chest.
Before helping him into the tub, he softly kisses his temple. "I love you." He whispers.

Steve sighs before asking quietly, shyly, "Will you take the bath with me?" Not only does he need to relax, but he needs Bucky even more.

"Course I will. First, let's get you in there, yeah?"
Steve nods in reply as Bucky steadies him by holding onto his arm as he steps in to the tub.
He can't help but the throw his head back and moan softly from simply the warm water flooding around his feet.