The Soldier's Captain

Soo this one may be a bit confusing, so I'm going to explain it. Basically, it's an AU where Bucky was already the Winter Soldier, and later Hydra captured Steve and did the same process with him, making him an assassin.
So it's a little different and kinda dark, but I just really wanted to write it. :)

He didn't know what to think of the other asset.

He was used to being the only asset, he was used to being told that only he could do his job, only he could give his gift to mankind.

So it obviously confused him when they brought him the new Asset, and told him that he would now be training him.

The Soldier wasn't sure he wanted anyone to help him with his job.

He hesitated as he looked at the new Asset, who was a bit taller than himself, and very muscular.

The Soldier found himself looking at the other man in a way he never remembered looking at anyone like.

With attraction.

The other Asset had hair that was much shorter and lighter colored than his own.

But it was his eyes that drew the Soldier in.

Though they were dull and startled, probably from the wiping process that the Soldier had went through many times, they still flickered with a spark that the Soldier never saw in his own eyes as the darted around the room that large cell that the Winter Soldier himself was trained in.

The new Asset's eyes were also a different color than the Soldier's eyes.

They were light colored and the color of the sky.

The Soldier decided he liked them very much.

"You will call him Captain," The Soldier's handler said as he tied the new Asset's hands to the bars of one of the cells. "And you will train him. "

The Soldier said nothing as he watched his handler continue to tie the Captain.

He knew that the bondage was intended for the Soldier to train the Captain the same way he had been trained.

But something tugged at his gut.

A feeling he had no memory of ever feeling.

He felt uneasy about training him.

The training that the Winter Soldier underwent required him to be beaten submission.

Once, his handlers had him try to train a new Asset.

The Soldier had accidentally beaten the man too far, leaving him bloody and bruised on the floor, not a remaining breath in his lungs.

In return, the Soldier's handlers beat him, repeating over and over that beatings were only to go until the other Asset would cower beneath the other man, and could easily be plied into submission.

Clearly, they thought he was ready for another subject.

The handler left the room, locking the door with a click behind him.

The Soldier paced slowly on front of his trainee, contemplating what to do with him.

In reply, the Captain just followed the Soldier's steps with his light blue eyes, not speaking.

The Soldier had a gut feeling that he shouldn't hurt this one, that this one was different and he would regret it.

He told his gut feeling to shut up as he brought his knee harshly to the other man's stomach.

The Captain let out a yelp and made an attempt to double over, only to be held upright by his restraints.

The Soldier punched the new Asset with his flesh fist twice, then his metal fist once.

The other man gasped with each blow, his legs shaking slightly, begging for rest against standing and getting beaten.

The Soldier wondered why this man was called the Captain when he already seemed so submissive.

Bringing his metal hand up to the Captain's throat, he began to squeeze as the Captain gasped repeatedly, begging silently for air.

The Soldier wasn't going to choke him to death, he was going to squeeze just enough to scare him.

Abruptly, that gut feeling that the Soldier had experienced earlier returned.

He dropped his hand and stared at the man across from him, wide eyed.

The Captain wheezed and drank in the air around him, his knees collapsing, leaving him with his arms all the way above his head.

The Soldier, on the other hand, just stared at the man, and he knew that what he was doing wasn't right.

This man was different and the Soldier couldn't bring himself to hurt him. anymore.

He slowly walked towards the man and untied his hands.

The Asset immediately flinched.

Ignoring him, The Winter Soldier continue to untie the other man. Once he was free, the Captain fell onto his hands and knees and wheezed.

The Soldier knew this was wrong. He'd seen this man somewhere.
He leaned down next to him and gripped the back of his neck firmly. Bringing his lips down to the other man's ear, he whispered. "I have to do a little more before they will allow me to be done with you. Just listen to them and they won't beat you too much. " he said.

He had said it in Russian the first time, and the Captain just stared at him, then shook his head slowly. The Soldier repeated it in three different languages until the Captain gave a slight nod, understanding.

Hesitantly, the Winter Soldier said up, leaving the Captain still on his hands and knees.

As gently as he could, yet hard enough to put on a good show for the cameras that he knew were hidden in the room, The Soldier brought his foot down into the Captain's rib.

The Captain groaned as he curled up into a ball on the floor.

The Soldier felt something stir inside of him.

He shouldn't be doing this.

Another kick.

Then another.

He needed to stop.

He grabbed the other man by the throat, lifting him up with his metal arm, and pressed him to the cell bars.

He hated doing this.

The Soldier jerked the man forward so that his body was a foot away from the bars, then pushed him back harshly, slamming him against the bars once again.

Something inside him, that was not the Soldier, wanted to stop.

That something told him to pick the Captain up from where he now lay bloody and bruised and protect him.

However, that wasn't an option and would get them both beat.

The Soldier leaned down next to o the Captain and said quietly. "It's done. If you comply, you won't get beat often."

The Captain managed a whimper.

The Soldier helped the other man on his feet and led him up against the wall. He carefully positioned him with his back against the wall so he was sitting up.

He knew that the handlers would be coming soon to put him to put him under, and they would take the Captain away from him.

The Soldier didn't have much of a remaining mental will through all the beatings he'd endured, the people he'd been forced to kill, and the countless times his brain had been wiped so Hydra could write whatever they wanted on the blank slate.

But with what little mental will he had left, The Winter Soldier vowed that he would try his best to protect the Captain from doing what they did to him.

He didn't want anyone hurting The Captain.

His Captain.