Summers end

Ever since a week ago when the girls met the twins, Kylee and Becca had trained even harder and longer and with more gusto. Raph couldn’t be prouder, Kylee was really coming out; she was getting stronger and more skilled. Becca too, and now she could aim without getting a single throwing star in someone else, her skill with the Shuriken was frightening. Becca could throw them from long range and hit her exact mark, or when she was up close she had a deadly counter defense move that even had Raph on the ropes when he fought her. Mikey did a lot of whining about not as much goof off time but you could see he was proud of Becca.

Today was their first big test. Raph had called all his brothers to the training room turned out all the lights but one around the girls. The girls were in the middle of the room and unless you were under that light the rest of the room was pitch black. Kylee loosely yet firmly gripped her kursarigama and was swinging her chain. Becca’s eyes shifted and she tossed a shuriken up and down in the air.

The room was deadly quiet, and every one of the girls senses were on full alert. Kylee’s eyes shot to a movement in the dark at one part of the room and Becca’s to another. Kylee’s long chain shot into the darkness pulling back nothing, Becca shot the throwing star only to hear it hit the concrete wall and drop to the floor. The light flickered and a turtle jumped them, Kylee used her blade as defense, and tried to wrap the chain around his body, but the turtle was gone in an instant. Another turtle attacked Becca, she dodged and lunged with shuriken in hand, just barely scrapping his shell.

The attacks became more frequent taking more of the girl’s concentration and making them take more hits. Kylee became fiercer almost losing herself, but she constantly reminded herself, a warrior who charges into battle filled with rage always falls. Becca tried to time the attacks and counter them. The guys were going all out apparently, or they were just toying with the girls

This same process went on forever, the girls lost all sense of time, they were too focused-the goal was to bring the turtles out of the shadows at blades end, and they were intent on doing just that. The girls started working more as a team, calling out moves for the other to execute while they did a counter move. The turtles found it harder to dodge them, and Mikey was the first to fall, so he sat on his butt, rubbing the back of his head, and smiled.

Raph was another story, but finally Becca made a long not too deep his arm and Kylee entangled his feet bringing him down. Donny was next to fall; Kylee had entangled his Bo staff and Becca forced him to the ground by her shurikens point. They both knew Leo would be the last to fall, if he fell at all. They girls used their teamwork and got close to bringing him down, but Leo was like a shadow, unable to touch and at the end the girls dropped their weapons as a katana blade gently touched both of their backs.

Mikey turned on the lights and everyone got up and smiled and was laughing. Raph stood by Kylee and gave her a hard noogie, messing up her hair, Mikey was chasing Becca around tickling her, Leo and Don were laughing. This had to be the most memorable time of the whole summer, which was now over. This was the last day the girls had with the guys and they’d be leaving in a little while.

“You girls did well; I’m surprised you were able to take Raph and Don.” Leo praised the girls. Kylee and Becca locked arms and laughed.

“Not me!?”

“Sorry Mikey, you were a bit sloppy back there. Again well done girls.” Don smiled

“Yeah, the twerps actually learned something. I thought that would neva happen.” Raph messed Kylee hair again, she smiled up at her master. “Geeze, stay away from Becca, look at this little nick! Over time someone can actually lose an arm!” Raph looked at his cut and gave Becca a thumbs up, and she beamed, holding her shuriken playfully.

“Yup, my student gifted, but I can still kick your butt at video games Beccy boo.”

“Do I hear a challenge?”

“You do indeed, do you except?”

“Oh I except-you’re going down tiny turtle!”

“Okay then lets head up to Raphs. I’ve got a surprise for you guys there anyway.” Kylee said, and they all left. When they got to Raphs Kylee had gone to the kitchen. She pulled a large fudge out of the fridge and took out her hidden apple crisp from the cupboard. Everyone was surprised since during the whole summer she had said she couldn’t cook. “Yeah, I lied justa little. If I had told you guys, Mikey would have bothered me the whole time. My mom taught me to make these and I thought it was about time I did.” Everyone dug in, Mikey dove right into the fudge along with Becca, Leo had a bit of both, Don, Raph and Kylee went straight for the crisp. The last video game battle of the summer was a great event-everyone was involved, they were divided into two teams. Kylee and Donny were on Becca’s side, Raph and Leo were cheering on Mikey. But in the end it was a dual tie, and Becca swore her vengeance.

It was finally time to go, Kylee cleaned up the place one more time and trailed the others out until they came to the manhole cover.

“Master Raphael?”

“Hmm?”

“We’ve got plans next summer right? I mean I can’t learn to be a ninja in only a few months.”

“Well if ya didn’t come back you’d be a total flack and I would have wasted my time now wouldn’t have I?”

“thanks.” Kylee let go of her suitcase and hugged Raph.

“Okay, okay. Let it out, you can let go now…don’t make me hurt’chu”

“Does that go with me too, Mikey?” Becca asked and Mikey grabbed her and swung her around and hugged her. “YES! I’d miss you too much if you didn’t come back!!!!”

They said their final goodbyes and Kylee and Becca left to the airport.  “So yer coming home with me for the next week and then yer leaveing?” Kylee asked

“yup. I’m gonna miss the guys, life not gonna be the same ever again is it?”

“I don’t think so Bec… I don’t think that’s possible.”

                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plane landed and the passengers came out. There in front of the girls were happy smiling faces waving at them. The girls family.

“Mama, Papa, Tressa!!” the girls cried out as the ran toward their loved ones and hugged them

“Hey old man, you me arm wrestling match when we get home, there’s no way you can beat me!” Kylee challenged her dad, who’d always beaten her before

“It’s so good to see you guys!” Becca cried

It was good to be home.