❤v e r i z o n❤

As you drove in the car with your new friend Max, you played with your thumbs when he suddenly decided to break the first layer of silence by asking you, "Are you excited?" while he looked at the road, trying to change the radio station with the other hand. You moved your hand slightly to offer to help him change the radio station. 

"Yeah, I guess so. I mean, it is my first time actually buying a smartphone, so yeah, I'm happy." You fixed your shoelaces.

"Ugh, yeah dude. It will be fun. There's a lot of stuff to do, like play Pokemon GO, an app for school I use to study sometimes, and even this app for astronomy. I swear there's a lot of stuff to do here in New York," (I changed the setting, whoops). "You just have to get used to it."

"It's just so small. Every time we leave somewhere I never get to do anything because my mom is always away on her business trips, I guess. But if I make friends here it will be kinda fun. I mean, I already met you, and you're going to my school, so that makes it a lot easier."

Max smiled and clicked his tongue.

//

As you and Max sat in your bedroom setting up your phone, you asked him to hand him your case and you slipped it on. The phone was shiny and new. 

"Well, do you have any social media ideas in mind?"

"All I've ever heard of is Instagram, to be honest. It sounds boring though."

"Well there's a lot more, like Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, Kik,

"Oh. Well I guess I could get those too," You smiled at him and he smiled back."

After you guys finished setting those up as well, Max suddenly remembered.

"Yo, I almost forgot. Snapchat is a good app as well, dude. It's really useful." He said, taking your phone out of your hands.

"Oh, what's that? I've actually heard of it before but I've never used it."

He looked at you and explained the app, how it had cool filters, how you could get "Snapstreaks," and private message. "Oh, It sounds fun. Sure, you can download it."

"Hell yeah dude," he clicked the download button and you put in your password to the iPhone 6. When you started setting up your account, Max grabbed your attention. 

"Yo, I would stay longer but I've gotta go. See you later!" He waved and walked out your room and you heard the door close. You took out the piece of paper that had Max's username and added him to your friends. 

Your mom then stepped in your room and asked you if you loved your new phone. You replied with a yes, and she walked over and hugged you. "I'm so proud of you. You coming here with me to New York after me and Dad divorced? That's a big deal, (Y/N). Thank you, you deserve your new phone. I'll miss you while I'm gone. Do you want to come with me to the airport??"

"Nah, Mom. I'll be fine. I'l see you in a month. She walked out to the Taxi in front of the house. You couldn't believe that you would end your High School years in such a tiny place like New York. It wasn't were you wanted to graduate.

After you saw the Taxi drive away, you heard your phone buzz, and it was a text from Max and another friend request on your snapchat.

Max: hey, you want to come to a party with me tonight?? my friend Ian and Joji are going to be there.

You contemplated it, and decided to go.

You: sure. pick me up at eight??

Max: sounds good.

//

As you finally finished showering and blow drying your hair, you opened your phone to see that it was a snap request from "sushitrash." You had no idea who it was, so you took a completely black photo and captioned it with "Who is this?"

And that's when everything got mixed up.