q u e s t i o n s

As you sipped your drink sitting on the couch, the bitter smell of cigarette creeped in through the window. It was the window that led to the backyard.

You overheard the girls and boys talking with each other. Some of the voices sounded familiar. You assumed Ian or Joji or Max. You took a look around to see the door open, Max stumbling in, drunk as hell. Ian was a little buzzed. George helped Max to the couch to sit down.

"(Y/N)," Joji said, "Come outside, yeah?" He laughed at Max who was pretending to flirt with Ian as they made jokes.

You closed the door behind you as you and Joji stepped out into the backyard. Joji lit up a cigarette and made a conversation.

"So," you said, taking a drag from his cigarette. "Why'd you want me out here?"

"Well, in all honesty," he told you, "I really only came to hang with you. We talked on snapchat for a while, but only small talk, ya feel? Tell me about yourself."

"Well, um." You struggled to find your words. What to say. "I just moved here and this is my first year of high school."

////

You and George came back inside so he could drive you guys home. Max blew a sarcastic kiss at Joji, probably to mock him.

"I hear everything, faggot." Max told him.

"I bet you do," you replied, picking up his arm, leading him and Ian back to the car.

/////

As it was only you and Joji left in the car, he looked at you before you got out. "Thanks for hanging out with us tonight." He told you, smiling. "I'd like to hang with you more."

"Yeah. For sure." What did you do now??

Should I kiss him?

Nah, too soon. Just hug him.

You leaned in to give him a hug, and got out the car. You shut the door behind you and you heard his engine start up and drive away as you walked up to the house.

You closed the door behind you the second you got in, and fell against it.

Your head tilted up to the ceiling. "I've got a crush on that boy," you told yourself.