Author Spotlight: @fallen_tear

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

Greedy, loud, and sane.

What was your nickname at school?

I didn't have any cool nicknames like Spider-Man or the Wolverine... But people usually called me Kim and my friends Kimmy- not sure those count. My sisters/family/ and their friends have been known to call me Kimmyjean, Kimbo, bimbo, Kim-Bob-erlee. Also, had vaguely remember being referred to as the pink ranger.

When you were a young padawan, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Ha, a princess with magical powers of course! Who kicked bad guy's butt. Though, in the real world, I recall wanting to be a singer when I was little.

What is your favourite quote?

There's a lot of good quotes, but one had always stuck with me:

"Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever; you just have to live."- from Tuck Everlasting

Other than writing, what hobbies do you have?

Erm.. *coughs* reading *coughs*... That is if my boys will allow it.

As your crew cast your lifeless body into the core of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads.

Why you do this to me?! This is just evil. Do you know how hard it is out of all the songs out there to pick three? But here we go...

Halestorm- Here's To Us, Imagine Dragons- Demons, Hozier- Take Me To Church.

Who is your all-time favourite author? How much - if at all - have they influenced your writing style?

I don't know if I have an all-time favorite author... But here are some that I've enjoyed: Anne Bishop, Anne Rice, Aldous Huxley, Jane Austen, the Brontes, J.K. Rowling... And the list could go on.

I think they have influenced my works some. I had really liked Anne Bishop Black Jewels trilogy, of how it made a place meant to be evil and have it to be a sanctuary of sorts. I like to write things from a different angle, to write something different but at the same time do it in a way that isn't totally different than what the reader is use to. I also like for it to have a "classical" feel to it. Now how well I actually achieve this is up in the air.

Of everything you have written, what is your favourite?

Right now, I'd say Whispers in the Dark. It's a collection of short dark/horror stories. Though I'm hoping a new story I'm working on will become my new favorite.

...and what is your fans' favourite?

Apart from my poetry I would have to go with The Hanging Tree.

We know some of the big authors, Orson Scott Card and Tolkien, for example, incorporate their religious beliefs into their work. Are you religious? If so, do you incorporate those beliefs into your work?

I am not religious, though was vaguely brought up to be a Christian. Sometimes I do incorporate religious beliefs, usually made up ones, into a story; it is something everyone can relate to whether they be religious or not as it is a huge part of our culture and played a big role in our history. So much so, that it's hard to imagine a world without religion.