The Proposal

Okay I know the other ones weren't too stereky but this one is super cute I promise!

~Stiles~
      Stiles cursed and sucked on the small cuts on his finger. He had been looking through magazines and books on engagements and going through stacks of pictures. He wanted everything to be perfect and a couple dozen small cuts were nothing compared to seeing the look on Derek's face when stiles finally popped the question. Stiles and Derek had been together for two years, five months and 17 days. And Stiles was ready to take it to the next level. Honestly from the second he and Derek moved in together Stiles was ready to propose but Derek had seemed so comfortable and content in the relationship Stiles didn't want to risk it. But he was ready now.

~Derek~
He was ready.
Him and stiles had been together two years, five months and 17 days. And Derek was ready to ask Stiles to marry him. Really though Derek had been ready to pop the question since the day him and Stiles moved in together but he didn't want to freak Stiles out.

~Stiles~
I really didn't want to freak Derek out but it just felt so right. Me and Derek go out to dinner every monthiversary a.k.a. the 18 of every month. And this month it was going to be the start of a whole new anniversary.

~Derek~
Tonight was the night. I was going to propose during, what Stiles insists I call, our monthiversary dinner.

~Stiles~
I was eating the usual, buttered noodles, my favorite dish at the local Noodles & C.O. The same restaurant Derek had first asked me out at. I had the loft all ready for my epic proposal, Lydia had gotten everyone to help make it perfect.

~Derek~
It's now or never.

~Stiles~
Derek stood and walked over, he stopped right in front of me and bent down on one knee. He took my hand in his.

~Derek~
I took his hand in mine as I started to pull out the ring I had bought. That's when I noticed his hands.
      "Stiles what the fuck happened to your hands?" I said forgetting why I was down on one knee.

~Stiles~
Shit I totally thought he was going to propose that woulda been so awkward. "It's just some paper cuts, ya know from homework," I said shrugging.
      "Stiles it's summer. You don't have homework," Derek said suspiciously.
      "You don't know what I do with my free time," I shot back without thinking.
      "Stiles..... We live together," Derek said not even seeming suspicious anymore he just looked completely confused.

~Derek~
That was really weird. But there were more important matters to address at the moment. It was time to propose.

~Stiles~
Derek reached behind him and pulled out what I thought was going to be bandages (why he would have bandages on hand I have no clue) but turned out to be a small velvet box. Shit.

~Derek~
      "Stiles will you marry me?" I asked looking up at him.
      "No," Stiles said matter of factly.
      "What?" I asked confused as all can be.
      "I said no," stiles said starting to stand up, "it's getting pretty late, we should probably go."
I drove us home wondering the whole time what had just happened. I thought Stiles would want to take the next step? Had I freaked him out? What had gone wrong?

~Stiles~
Shit. I thought I had prepared for everything but apparently not. But as soon as we get to the loft that won't matter.

~Derek~
I pulled up to the building and we both got out. Stiles seemed to be getting antsy as we got closer to the loft. I wondered if he couldn't wait to get home and pack.

~Stiles~
I felt really bad for rejecting Derek and in any other circumstances I wouldn't have but I had prepared for months to make this night perfect and I was not about to let that all go to waste. As we stepped into the elevator I started to get a little nervous, I mean I know he just proposed which should guarantee a yes but what if he decided he doesn't like me anymore on the car ride here? Is that even possible?

~Derek~
My breath caught in my throat as the elevator doors opened and Stiles ducked down on one knee.
      "Will you marry me?" He asked a small smile playing at his lips. I looked at the loft the lights were off but there were so many candles you could hardly tell, The floor looked like it was made of roses and  the walls, the walls made me speechless, every inch of the walls were covered in pictures on me and Stiles. I realized why his hands were all cut up. It was hard to but I managed to get out a Yes. Stiles shoved the ring onto my finger and jumped into my arms.
      "I'm sorry for saying no at the restaurant but I had planned this night for so long." Stiles said in between kissed.

At least I won't have to call the 18th our monthiversary anymore.