Chapter 8~ Back In Black

She once read him – time is slow for those who wait, very fast for those who are scared, very long for those who lament, very short for those who celebrate, but for those who love time is eternal.

But it felt like there, when he watched her falling to her death, for him, the Lord of Time, time had stopped.

It was slow, very long, though very fast and very short. It was eternal.

He could do nothing. He could just watch.

A tear fell down his cheek as he shouted her name and it echoed in the emptiness of the bottomless pit. As he desperately tried to think of a way to bring her back. As he shouted in despair and sorrow, as he slammed his hands on the ground.

It was so unusual for the Doctor to loose control.

Then, I guess, she wasn't exactly usual.

He cried her name and it mixed with the chaos that the falling apart Deck provoked.

As his laments stopped, his hands curled into firsts. His jaw set, he got up.

Giving one last glance at the pit, he forced himself to walk away. He forced himself to stay strong. He forced himself to stop feeling.

But the pain that broke into his hearts was immense. Once again, he had lost her.

She was indeed like a crystal. That seemed so strong, but as he held it in his hands and it slipped through his fingers, it shattered into millions of prices just as touched the ground.

His face slowly lost every emotion, leaving only sorrow on it.

He walked away as sparks fell behind him and fires burned. As chaos exploded behind his back and as he calmly walked through it.

He stopped and held his arms out. Two Host came to stand on either of his sides. He snapped his fingers and the Host brought him up.

He flew upwards, through the burning deck. He flew upwards, farer and farer from downwards, there where her body was now laying lifeless.

There where it would've stayed for eternity. There where he could never hold her in his arms or watch as she smiled.

There where he would've never seen her again.

The raised fists of the of the Angels broke through the floor of the bridge, causing Mr Frame to leave out a shout.

«Ah, Midshipman Frame!» The Doctor climbed through, then stood up tall and grinned at the man «At last!»

~

When the ship was saved and so was the Bucking Palace, the laughs had faded and they were safely floating in the space, the Doctor walked to the wall where Midshipman Frame was leaned on, and slid in the spot beside him.

«Used the heat of re-entry to fire up the secondary storm drive.» The Doctor spoke, panting, though smiling «Unsinkable, that's me.»

Alonzo happily sighed «We made it.» he let out, closing his eyes.

Every kind of smile disappeared from the Doctor's face, sorrow replacing «Not all of us.»

She didn't.

Out of all people, his Elizabeth had to die? Out of all of them, his love?

He made no comment, he stayed mute, stayed still. His jaw was hard, as was the expression on his face.