The Dark Below

"So hows your day been so far Shinji-kun?" Tabris said kindly. Now although Shinji was fucking enraged that Karl had followed him into the bus, he was impressed by his masterful interpretation of human emotion. Because theres no way in hell this thing could comprehend the complexities of dopamine levels- "SToP TaLKIng TO ME-" Shinji interrupted his own mental rambles by answering the angel. His shouting startled the other bus riders momentarily, whispers of his ridiculous behavior started to pile up in Shinji's ear drums. Filling his mind with MORE unwanted thoughts- "Um Shinji your doing it again..." By focusing on Karls features, it became increasingly obvious that he was concerned. Why Shinji had no idea, so he might as well ask. "What do you mean?" "Hm well whenever you get lost in thought you get this particular look-" Tabris brow furrowed, "your eyes glaze over, and you just don't seem to be- well here anymore." The two stared at each other for a good deal of time, Karl shifting uncomfortably every now and then. While Kaworu was doing the traditional dance of the socially awkward, Shinji eyes where drawn to the other boys neck. Scar tissue covered a familiar band around his neck, the band was almost completely circular. Which striked Shinji as strange, for he didn't remember doing that. "Oh you finally noticed that small thing." Karls voice slightly shook, small uncomfortable laughs resembling coughs littered the sentence. Kaworus hand rose to his neck, lightly holding on to the scared area. "Its not your fault." Kaworu chocked out, and WHOA- Suddenly Shinji decided to hug Karl. Firmly holding onto the boy as the bus went over two pot holes, making the two almost fall over. But Kaworus too majestic for that, so of course that didn't happen. And everyone on the bus clapped, even the driver who wasn't paying attention and crashed the bus. Shinji stopped man handling Karl to say "How bout we go to Walmart together?" Karl dutifully nodded, and the two joyously skipped out of the recked bus towards the nearby Walmart.