Strange Happenings

~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~

     What Mairon was doing, she couldn't be sure. It seemed that he was forging something, and whatever it was, it was small. He put his forging hammer down and picked up something that shone brightly. It was a ring. He turned to look at her again, and Urumiriel noticed that his left eye now glowed as if it were made of fire. Suddenly, the scene before her disappeared and a new scene took shape.

     Goblins: they were everywhere. Gray clouds caused by volcanic ash covered the sun, making everything seem dark and dreary. The only place that was illuminated was the erupting mountain of doom. Ash and smoke was everywhere and lava slowly trickled down the sides, though not enough to be dangerous unless you were at the foot of the mountain.

     The land looked barren- everything was dead. There was no grass, no water, and no trees. There was a large army of elves and men and another of goblins, eight creatures in black cloaks; one of them seemingly more important and mounted on a strange winged creature, and Mairon was amongst them.

     The scene faded to darkness and changed to Lothlorien. It was in its autumn beauty, the leaves golden and perfect, but it suddenly faded to darkness. Mairon had entered the realm and destroyed everything. The trees burned and the homes were destroyed. Not a single elf remained.

     Everything once again faded, and it showed Lothlorien in its autumn beauty once again. Galadriel stood beside Urumiriel, both of them lifting their hands palm up to the sky. Light shot forth from their palms and created a barrier around all of Lothlorien.

     The scene once again changed and showed many goblins and two of the faceless cloaked beings. They tried entering Lothlorien but were unable to. Then they disappeared and in their place were elves. The elves passed through the barrier without any trouble at all. The same was with dwarves, men, and other non-evil races that kept appearing.

     Again, the scene changed and showed Mairon again. He was in thick armor and wore a helmet that concealed his identity. He swung a mace and hit the barrier. It fluctuated but did not disappear. He hit it five more times, then tried a different approach. He began using spells in a strange tongue, but gave up after six times. He then pulled out the ring he had forged and slipped it onto his index finger. He suddenly disappeared and a the sound of someone hitting the barrier could be heard. After hearing the sound a sixth time, the barrier collapsed and Mairon became visible once again.

     The scene changed to the City of Lorien, which had been demolished. Then everything vanished except for the One Ring, which was now seemingly floating in the dark. Then the background suddenly changed to the volcano that had been erupting at the place that seemed full of death. It fell into the lava and sunk. The volcano erupted shortly after, this time destroying everything. In the distance, the dark tower with the fiery eye on it collapsed and the eye disappeared.

     In the next scene it showed a beautiful and peaceful looking place. There were many hills and the grass was greener than any grass Urumiriel had ever seen. In many of the hills was a round door. She stood in front of a hill with a green door in it. The door opened and she saw a short man, half the size of any normal man, with curly reddish blonde hair. The door closed and reopened, this time showing a halfling with curly black hair, face fair as an elf's, and beautiful blue eyes.

     Next scene an old man was shown. He had a long gray beard and gray hair, and wore a gray pointy hat, as well as gray robes. He had a brown staff that he occasionally leaned on. He looked much like a wizard. With him was another robed man, only he was robed in white. His beard and hair were white also and his staff was black: it looked different than the other one.

     Then it showed a green forest, which Urumiriel recognized as Greenwood. Urumiriel now saw through her own eyes, and it was as if she were flying. She watched down below her as she left the Mountains of Greenwood. Right outside of the Greenwood there was a house with a tree growing in the middle of it.

     There was a man with a brownish grayish beard and hair, with a brown hat and brown robes. He also had a brown staff just like the gray wizard. The man had many animals around him, including birds, hedgehogs, rabbits and squirrels. With him were two other wizards: a male and female, both young looking. The male wizard had a short black beard and hair that appeared to have a bluish tint in certain light, and the female wizard had black hair; both of them wore sea-blue robes.

     The man had a white staff with a red sphere in the middle of it, and the woman had a white staff with a blue sphere in the middle of it. Both of them wore a ring on their left ring finger. Were they married?

     Before Urumiriel could get a better look at the scene before her, it changed once again. Now she saw all of Middle-Earth as if she were an angel in heaven. Everything was barren. There wasn't a single tree, there was no water, there was no grass; neither were there any inhabitants. Everything was dead.

     She looked up at the dark tower, which was looming ominously in the distance. The eye on the black tower was now looking right at her. She put her right arm against her forehead to block the light.

     'I see you.' 

     A shiver of dread went up Urumiriel's spine as the eye continued speaking.

     'When I conquer your world, you and all other inhabitants will obey me alone! There will be no escape! Once I get rid of you and your sister, I will conquer Lothlorien and take over all of Middle-Earth!' 

     Urumiriel felt herself drawing closer and closer to the eye. The heat became unbearable and she covered her face with her arms to keep the heat from scorching it. It felt as if her arms were burning in a fire and, as she drew closer, more and more skin began to burn.

     She removed her arms from her face as she felt a falling sensation. She was falling down the mouth of the volcano, getting closer and closer to the lava; only instead of orange, red and yellow, this liquidated fire was blue.

     She fell into the hot liquid and let out a scream of pain as she felt her flesh begin to melt.

~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~