A Hot Mess

~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~

     Urumiriel gasped and sat straight up. After looking around at her surroundings, she let out a relieved sigh, finding that she was in her bedroom. It had only been a dream. But, if it had only been a dream, why did she still feel a burning sensation all over her? She looked down at her hands and her eyes widened, then she threw the covers off, put her bare feet on the cold, wood floor, then hurried to the mirror. She nearly screamed when she saw her reflection, though clapped her hand over her mouth and took deep breaths through her nose to calm herself, then she felt her face with her hands. She only felt her smooth skin, though she was glowing with a blue fire. Had that dream been more than a dream? Or was she still dreaming?

     The young elleth took a deep breath and closed her eyes, pinched her arm, then opened her eyes again. She still stood in front of the mirror, and she still glowed blue. Her hair and gown seemed to ripple and flow as if there were a soft breeze, and she appeared to be more ghostly than an actual living being. Her eyes glowed, and she almost seemed to float half an inch off the ground.

     "What in Lothlorien is going on?" She whispered to herself. After staring into the mirror awhile longer, she got dressed into something other than her nightgown. She then brushed her hair before she walked to her bedroom door, opened it, then walked down the hall. "Suppose there's one thing I can do to get to the bottom of this."

     Once at the end of the hall, she turned left, walked through the living room into the kitchen, then opened the door to outside, stepping out onto the porch, walking down the stairs, then turning left and walking across a thick, wide branch.

     She walked across that branch, then up some stairs that led higher into the trees. She soon reached her sister's home and, after walking up the steps to the house, she knocked on the door. She stepped back and rubbed her arms as she waited for the door to open. Once the door opened she looked up and saw her sister. "Galadriel-"

     "How did this happen?" Galadriel asked Urumiriel with a slightly furrowed brow, stepping closer to her and putting a hand on each side of her face.

     "I don't exactly know... but I think it has something to do with my dream.." Urumiriel replied.

     "Come inside." Galadriel told her before she turned around and walked inside.

     Urumiriel followed her inside, closing the door behind her when she was inside. She glowed so brightly that her sister didn't even need the lantern she had with her. As she followed Galadriel into the small, comfortable sitting room, she thought about the unsettling dream. How was any of this even possible... and what all did the dream mean? Some things in the dream were made clear, of course, but it was still rather confusing. Since when was she able to see visions in her dreams, anyways?

     Once she had walked further into the room, she took a seat on the sofa beside her sister, then looked at her. "Galadriel, it was so strange..."

     Galadriel looked at her and took her glowing hand into hers, looking at it for a moment, then looking at her. "Tell me what your dream was about."

     Urumiriel nodded before she took in a deep breath, then told her sister everything that had happened in her dream, up to the point of her waking and glowing with a harmless, blue flame. When she finished, she took her hand back from her sister and looked down at both of them, then she looked up at her again. "What does it mean?"

     Galadriel remained silent for a moment, looking at the blue fire than engulfed her sister, then back at her sister's eyes before she finally spoke. "Your dream was most likely a vision, just as I often have. And, as you know, some elves are gifted with special powers at birth. In such a case as yours, the power of fire was triggered when you, in your vision, fell into the lava."

     Urumiriel slowly and thoughtfully nodded, looking down at her hands once again, which she had folded in her lap. The fire was beginning to disappear now, though a thin layer of it still covered her, causing her to glow dimly. She couldn't help but wonder why her powers had kicked in now... and what would their purpose be?

     "I, too, had a dream, Urumiriel." Galadriel told her before she stood up, her dress sliding back down to her bare feet. She walked over to the fireplace, looking at a picture on the mantle. "Eru has a special plan for you." She looked back at her with her deep, wise, blue eyes. "But you must be willing." 

     Urumiriel got to her feet as well, and she watched her sister curiously. "What plan? And why me?" She asked her sister, tilting her head to the side a little as she watched her. She was just an ordinary elleth... well, she was the queen's sister... but she still didn't see how she could have a greater importance.

     Galadriel smiled at her. "I'm afraid that is something that you must find out for yourself." She told her softly. She walked over to her before she gave her a hug. "You will find out in due time. Until then, practice your powers, and keep an ear out." She pulled back and looked into Urumiriel's eyes. "Now, go get some sleep, Miri."

     Urumiriel opened her mouth to speak, but she then closed her mouth. "Okay, Galadriel." She replied before she turned and left the room, in deep though the whole way to the door. She soon stepped out into the night air and made her way back to her house, illuminating the area around her.

     Galadriel watched her leave, then a look of sadness entered her eyes, and she nearly teared up. She knew all that was to come- it had, in fact, been prophesied at Urumiriel's birth. But, it would be for the better of Middle-Earth. She sighed softly before she turned around and made her way back to her bedroom.

~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~<><>~~~~~~~