Chapter 65

Chapter 65

A few weeks passed, and thankfully, these few weeks were uneventful. The demons didn't return, and everything was okay for the most part. Work was business as usual, and Maya and I hadn't gotten into any fights, which was impressive in itself.

At that moment, I was headed to the Celestial Bureaucracy office to tell them about what had happened. I figured that they needed to know if they were going to stop demon attacks on a large scale. Just because we had removed our Demon Summoning Device didn't mean that everyone in Heaven had. These were probably planted all over Heaven.

I entered the lobby. "Hello, how may I help you?" an older man asked.

"I have an idea on how to stop the demons," I said. "This is important."

"Do you have an appointment?" the man asked.

"No," I answered.

"A kid like you can't have anything good," the man said.

"I'm not a kid," I said. "I'm seventeen."

"Whatever," the man said. He turned to another person who had walked in. "Hello, how may I help you?"

I walked over to the elevator, angry that the man didn't believe that I knew what I was talking about. I saw that "Administrative Services" was on the tenth floor, so I clicked the button to go up to there.

Administrative Services turned out to be a rather uninteresting department. It was simply a long row of offices that snaked around several corners and around the floor. I wasn't sure who to talk to, but there was a front desk, so I talked to the woman at the front desk first. I told her the same thing that I told the man downstairs, and she told me to go to the office at the end of the hallway. "Daisy's my boss," the woman said. "She will hear you out."

I walked through the hallway until I reached the end. Sure enough, Daisy Juarez's office was right there. I knocked on the door to the office, and an elderly woman with brown, wrinkled skin and dark grey hair opened it. "Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm Ivy Livingston," I said. "I know how to stop the demons from coming."

"Really?" Daisy said. "Tell me about that."

"Well, my friends and I dug this out of my friends' backyard," I said, taking the Demon Summoning System out of my backpack.

"Can I see that?" Daisy asked. I handed her the Demon Summoning System, which she proceeded to inspect.

"It's broken," I told her. "Maya threw it into a pool."

"This is amazing," Daisy said. "I didn't even know that these things existed. Where did you find this?"

"In Jack and Henri's backyard," I said. "It was buried there, but we located it pretty easily with a metal detector."

"Interesting," Daisy said as she continued to study the broken Demon Summoning System.

"Cedar Creek hasn't had any demon attacks since this was removed," I said. "My guess is that these are hidden all over Heaven. If we want to keep the demons from entering Heaven, then all we have to do is dig these things up."

"How would we know where to look?" Daisy asked.

"It's simple," I said. "The demons land where these are located. Look for these in places where the demons land, and you'll find them easily."

"Thank you for telling me this, Ivy," Daisy said. "I'll talk to my superiors, and they'll decide what to do with this information. In the meantime, we'll start looking for these within Iowa Sector."

"Thank you so much," I said.

"Ivy, thank you for giving this to us," Daisy said. "It was the right thing to do." Daisy retreated back into her office, still staring at the Demon Summoning System. Meanwhile, I went back to the elevator. I tried to push the button for the ground floor, but I hit the fourth floor instead by accident. The door opened and I arrived at the fourth floor, but I spotted Jack before I could hit the right button, so I simply exited the elevator.

"Ivy!" he exclaimed. "Did you talk to the administration yet?"

"Yeah, I did," I said.

"How did it go?" he asked.

"Alright," I said. "Daisy said that she would send it off to be looked at by some of the higher officials."

"You had to go to Daisy Juarez?" Jack said. I nodded. "That's very impressive."

"How is it impressive?" I asked.

"Daisy Juarez is the Senior Executive Director of Citizen Relations," Jack explained. "She's one of the highest ranking Celestial Bureaucracy officials in the Iowa Sector. If you had to see her, then they're definitely sending it outside of the sector."

"So they're going to be digging up Demon Summoning Systems outside of Iowa Sector?" I asked.

"Maybe," Jack said. "I'm not entirely sure how all of this works, but it would make sense. If this works in Iowa Sector, I'm sure they would want to send it out to the rest of Heaven."

"I'd love to get rid of the demon attacks everywhere," I said. "No place deserves this."

"I certainly agree," Jack said. "For now, I'm just glad the demons finally seem to be gone. We can finally enjoy our time in Heaven."

"Yeah, that sounds nice," I said.

"I should probably get back to work," Jack told me. "I still have to do some more analysis. See you later."

"Bye Jack," I said. I went back over to the elevator and finally went down to the ground floor. I was excited about the potential impact that our discovery could make, but at the same time, I just wanted a normal stay in Heaven. Nevertheless, as I walked home, I was feeling rather proud of myself and everything that I had accomplished. 

A/N: Hi everyone! I CAN'T BELIEVE DEAD! IS ALMOST DONE!!! The next chapter will be the last chapter :'( 

Keep an eye out for Patrick Stump and the Flying Car Brigade!