He Helps You Fall Asleep

Calum:
Your eyes focused tiredly on the large TV in front of you, the source of light from the screen being the only thing illuminating the whole bedroom. Numerous of kids TV shows from Cartoon Network had passed by, and by every show you swore you would fall asleep after the episode. But you didn't. Something was keeping you up, and no matter how many times you squeezed your eyes shut to try it failed miserably. Calum was sleeping beside you, out like a light while he rested on his side. His cheek was pressed against his pillow while his curly locks were falling in front of his eyes. You looked down at him with a small hint of jealous, wishing you could be him. Why was it so easy for him to sleep? He never suffered with insomnia. He could sleep literally everywhere, earned the ability from touring in different countries and continents. Your attention went back to the screen in front of you, pulling the covers up to your chin. You knew it wasn't a proper thing to do, watching televisions to the early mornings were only distractions from actually trying to sleep. But with your impatient behavior and desperation for sleep you did the total opposite. "You're still awake?" Calum's voiced cracked and you looked down at him with wide eyes. He sat up in the bed and looked at the TV screen. "Watching Johnny Bravo?" He added and looked at you confused, squeezing his eyes by the bright light. You nodded your head and watched him stand up from the bed before walking into your bathroom. You waited a minute until he came back, scratching his eyes and cuddled back into your duvet. "You can't sleep?" He asked, clearly being the opposite of you. You sighed softy in respond and turned off the TV. Might as well focus on him now that he was awake. "I wish I could though." You mumbled and cuddled into his chest. Calum nodded his head understanding and wrapped an arm around your neck, tangling his hand in your hair. "Tell me about your day." He requested tiredly and closed his eyes. You looked up at him confused and a small smile creeped in the corners of his mouth. "Just do it Y/N." You furrowed your eyebrows by his request but decided to give it a shot. Talking about everything that happened the second from when you woke up, went to classes, worked at the small café afterwards. Coming home to him, seeing him play the bass, cook dinner and watch some tele before he went to bed. You couldn't see the intension of Calum's request at first but the more you spoke, the more tired you got and before you knew it you both were all asleep, cuddled up in each other's arms.
Michael:
You looked up at your ceiling with furrowed eyebrows. How many squares were there again? 30, 40? You had literally just counted the number minutes ago but with the thoughts keeping running around in your head it was hard to keep it up. Maybe you should just do it all over again, comparing to the fact that even if you had done it three times now it didn't seem to tire you down. The empty spot next to you were used for the benefit, instead of just resting on your side you were laying square across the bed. Michael hadn't gone to bed yet. It was one of the few issues he suffered with, jet lag being one of the major problems to have a normal week for him. The TV from the living room was faint with the closed door and if you listened carefully you would hear the lights strums of a guitar. It was a tempting choice to walk out of bed and approach him but you knew you needed sleep. School was tough at the moment and within three hours you would have to get up to make yourself ready. Michael couldn't care less with his sleep, all he had to do tomorrow was studio recordings which were during noon. You bit your lip in thought but in the end decided that there were no way you could fall asleep like this. Wrapping one of his t shirts around your body you carefully walked into the living room to see him sit at the couch. His eyes were focused on the screen while his fingers were casually playing melodies on his acoustic guitar. By the sound of your footsteps he looked over his shoulder. "Y/N it's 4am why are you awake?" he stood up from the couch still with the guitar in his hand. "I couldn't sleep. I haven't been able to for days." You admitted and he approached you. "Do you have any ideas?" You asked and leaned against the doorframe to your bedroom. Michael bit his lip in thought and looked down at his guitar. "I could sing for you." He suggested and you nodded your head with a smile and walked back into the bedroom, jumping onto the bed. You cuddled yourself up in your duvet and watched as he took a seat down on his side of the bed, leaned his back against the headboard and strummed his guitar. "I don't really know what to sing though, a small lullaby?" He asked with a small grin and you moved the duvet up to your chin. "I don't care. Please just sing." You mumbled and closed our eyes, smiling softly when Michael's voice filled your ears, making every single muscle in your body rest along with your head finally going into a well-deserved slumber.