Chapter One

"Hey Riles," Lucas, my boyfriend snuck up behind me causing me to jump and turn around.

"Lucas! I told you not to scare me."

"Sorry Riles, you're just really cute when you get scared."

"Wow okay, feeling the love." I rolled my eyes and turned back to close my locker.

"Just kidding babe." He then kissed my cheek and took my hand. We walked towards history class, but before we could sit down, my dad stopped us and forced us to stop holding hands.

"Mr. Matthews, your daughter and I are together," I saw my dad cringe as Lucas said it, "so with all due respect sir, we're going to hold hands often."

After a while, my dad rolled his eyes and said, "Okay fine. But leave the mushy kissy faces out of it."

"Deal." Lucas and I said at the same time. We took our seats, him sitting behind Maya.

"Peaches!" I smiled at her, taking her attention away from whoever was texting her.

"Hey Riles," she was beaming from ear to ear.

"Maya.... Why are you so happy?" Not that I loved seeing my best friend so happy, but it was weird seeing her so happy before lunch.

"Oh, nothing." She turned her head back to her phone. Thinking quick, I screamed,

"Hi Uncle Josh!," and as Maya looked up, I took the opportunity to grab her phone.

"Ooh, texting Uncle Boing?" I wiggled my eyebrows as I smirked at her.

"Maybe." She looked angry at me, but as the phone in my hand buzzed she jumped up and grabbed it from me.

"What'd he say?" I said smiling at my currently happy-dancing friend.

"Nothing, just know that someday I'm going to be your aunt."

"Maya, you promised. No secrets."

"Ugh fine. Bay Window after school. I'll tell you then." Pleased with her answer, I turned to my homework and started working on it.

After four more agonizingly long hours, school was finally over, and I dragged Maya to the bay window.

"Tell me!!" I said with a big smile, knowing she couldn't say no to it. It was her weakness.

"No." Okay then, never mind.

"Peachees" I dragged the E in a whiny tone.

"Okay fine. Josh just asked me out on a date." She said it with the biggest smile I've ever seen on her.

"WHERE?" I asked eagerly.

"An art gallery." Aw, he knows her so well.

"WHEN?"

"Tonight. I know tonight's our monthly movie night, but can I please take a rain check?"

"Of course Maya, but you have to bring the chocolate to whenever we move the movie night to. Deal?"

"Deal. Now help me get dressed."

I curled Maya's hair and she chose her outfit. A black crop top with jeans and a leather jacket. Very Maya.

My mom knocked on my door and opened it.

"Maya, your date's here to pick you up." She gasped when she saw Maya. When Maya walked out into the living room with me by her side, she was surprised when she saw her mom and Uncle Shawn- her new dad.

"Mom, Dad?" She said, newly recognizing Shawn as her father.

"You think we're going to miss the day you've been waiting for for years?" Her mom smiled at her.

"Don't worry Maya, he already asked for my blessing to take you out on a date." Uncle Shawn joked, as Josh walked up to her.

"You're beautiful." Josh gaped, and Maya just blushed and looked up at him.

"Let's go?" Maya said, interlocking arms with the one she's been waiting years for, as they walked out of the apartment.

I noticed that everyone in the room had their significant others, so I asked my parents if Lucas could come over, and with their knowledge I walked back into my room and texted him.

'Hey, wanna come over? Maya's on her date and I really want to watch a movie.' I pressed send and started microwaving popcorn.

'Yeah sure, I'll be right there.'

I turned on the TV and sat on my bed, eating popcorn and waiting for Lucas.

My bedroom door opened, and it was him.

"Wow, first time through my actual bedroom door?"

"I decided to listen to Zay and walk in through your front door."

"At least you didn't take some cereal." I giggled and patted the empty spot beside me, motioning for him to sit.

"About that..." He pulled out a bag of froot loops and a carton of milk. I laughed but snuggled into him as he sat down.

He placed a lingering kiss on my temple, then he turned to watch the movie.

"Endless Love?" He raised his brow at me, playfully.

"Shut up, it's a good movie." I frowned, causing him to laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure it is." I just rolled my eyes and snuggled into him further.

By the end of the movie, Lucas was asleep, with one of his arms around me. I gently pried his arm off of me and turned off the TV. I crawled back into his warmth and placed the blanket over us.

"I love you, Lucas" I said as I kissed him lightly on the lips. He stirred, and pulled me closer to him. My ear was on his chest, listening to the gentle tappings of the heart inside- my favourite beat. As I listened, I slowly, but happily, fell asleep.

Sorry for short chapters! But I'll update frequently, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. :)