Chapter Five

Months Later

She was laughing, he was making her laugh. She was smiling like she never had before. And it wasn't out of happiness; not really. The smile she was smiling was fake, and faded in an instant, it didn't linger. You would never catch her looking at him when he thought she wasn't. Anytime, something relatively deep came up, she kissed him or she hugged him. But a hug, or a kiss, they're only meant to hide the face. Because she did not love him, as much as she tried. But he was oblivious. He had what he always wanted, so what was the point of looking past it? Past the lies, or half truths. What was the point in the real truth, when you had everything you've ever wanted?

The point, is the other's happiness, and that is something Isaac Lahey does not care for. After his father, Isaac had gone cold. He couldn't, wouldn't, open up. And then he saw her, her beautiful smile. It lit up his dark world. And he knew, he had to have her. And then, of all people. His Alpha Scott McCall swooped in and snatched her up in a day. Isaac was so angry, he could have killed someone. But he didn't. He kept his temper, by. Well. By releasing it some other way, shall we say. And so he turned a blind eye to her lies, because he so wanted them to be true. 

But Isaac was nothing of what Allison wanted. He was only there, he was there for only her. And that made her feel safe, but she could not love him. He was erratic, and unstable. Not in a right way, if there was such a thing as a right unstable. His mood would change like the weather. Predicted to be one thing, and then you find it's the opposite. You can ever trust any signs. He would love her, then hate her. Build her up, only to tear her down. But it was how she lived, and there never were any outward signs of it. Looking inward however, she might be damaged beyond repair.

~~**~~

Lydia however couldn't be happier. She had, what she thought was, a loving boyfriend. A boy who doted on her like before. She had used magic to turn his mind back to her, now that she could actually see him, she found him as a prize to be one As soon as his attentions, that used to be so fixated, drifted, she saw him. Not as the little boy in the sandbox, but as man he was. So she spiked his toothpaste when she was over one day, and the conquest was over. He made her laugh, and told her she was a queen, and treated her like one too.

But she couldn't help notice his eyes wandering. And she hated what he was looking at. He was looking at her. The girl she held most tightly to her cold heart or used to at least. The girl that first stole Scott from her, and then Stiles. She wanted to make Allison pay, and taking Stiles was an excellent start.

But Stiles wasn't in a position to be taken. He realized what Lydia had done, and switched toothpastes. He would pretend, as Allison had made it clear her feelings. Besides, isn't Lydia the one he wants, the one he's always wanted? He's loved her since the third freaking grade, and now, a girl comes waltzing into their lives, and it's gone. No, he wouldn't allow that. He may not have control of where his heart sees. But he can control where it goes, whether it wants to or not. He will not let some one night stand get in the way between him and Lydia. 

But Lydia is not what he wants, not anymore. He loves Allison, and he would shout it from the rooftops, but Lydia is too powerful. He has to tell her that he can't love her. He can't continue to live the lie he is living, it's killing him. So he invited her over.

"Lyds, we need to talk-" Lydia pulled him in for a kiss before he could finish.

"Not now," she whispered after he broke away. 

"Lydia," he stated firmly, pulling her hands off him.

"Alright, what is it then?" She asked pulling away. He kneeled in front of her.

"I, I can't be with you. Every time I kiss you, I only see Allison. I can't love you. I'm very sorry for leading you on but-"

"But what?" She interrupted," You love her. Is that it? What about me? You're supposed to like me!"

"Well, I don't so tough. I hoped you would understand, but you don't. So either, walk away or..." He trailed off, leaving whatever picture Lydia wanted to picture up to her.

"Fine," She huffed standing up walking to the door," but she doesn't love you-"

"What the way you do? Through lies and black magic?" He spat over his shoulder. Lydia gasped.

"H- how do you know?"

"I'm the host, what did you think? I just wouldn't notice? I saw Lydia. Now get out!" He deflated after she left. She was the last real thing in his life. Allison was Isaac's, who knows where Scott went. Stiles's life had been uprooted, and he can't stand it.

A/N Oh this late, this is so very late. BUT MY BOOK HAS 1.1K READS OMDOUBLEDOUBLEG!!!!!! I am so excited. And also quite thankful. I'm so sorry it's late, my show is exhausting. But this chapter's up now, so yay!? I gtg bye. 

[Edited]