Warmth

After meeting Kana's mom, time went by. I spent my days happily with Kana, Tamaki, and Aki. We were very close and things rarely went wrong. It was now winter and the snow began to fall. It was almost Christmas, so I was making some plans with Kana on Christmas Eve, while also deciding on a gift.
I wonder what Kana would like as a present...
I had saved up some money so I could buy her something nice, but the hard part was picking something she would like. I walked around the mall and looked through windows to look for a good present. Then, something caught my eye. I noticed a pair of matching pinky rings.
She'll definitely like this!
I walked into the jewelry store and bought the rings. I even asked them to put it in a nice box, because it was a present after all. On my way home, I happened to run into Aki, who seemed to have gone looking for a present too. "Hey Aki-chan!" I called. She turned towards my direction and waved.
"Buying a present for Kana?" she asked, looking at my bag.
"Yeah," I replied and then pointed at her bag,"Who's that for?"
"Oh, it's for my family," Aki answered.
"That's nice. Well, I gotta go, so see ya," I said.
"Ok bye," she said as she walked away.
As soon as I got home, I put the bag down on my table and took a shower.
I can't wait for Christmas
Then, I drifted off to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I looked at my clock.
Oh no, I'm late!
          I rushed to get ready for school and then I ran out the door, skipping breakfast. I ran as fast as I could until I finally made it to homeroom. I could barely breathe. I was fast, but I don't have any stamina, which is why I'm not good at long distances. I fell into my seat and looked at Kana. She was smiling at me. I gave her a smile and a thumbs up in return. The teacher walked in and class began.
          Our class was having a Christmas party on Christmas Eve. I had no intention in going since I had a date with Kana, but I'd go if she wanted to.
I wonder what my parents would think if they knew I had a girlfriend...
I knew for sure that Kazuya would have a problem with it. He was kinda homophobic. I didn't plan on telling my family anyways. Who knows how they would react.
During lunch, I realized that I forgot to bring my lunch, so I had to walk to the cafeteria and buy some bread."I'll be right back," I said. When I reached the cafeteria, I realized how crowded it was.
This is gonna be tough...
I pushed my way through the crowd and managed to buy some bread. I just grabbed some random bread and gave the cashier money, but I had no idea what I got. When I looked at it, I realized it was the bread filled with chocolate that everyone loved and fought for.
Lucky
Then I walked back to the classroom. Before I walked in, I noticed a guy talking to Kana. I opened the bag and started eating my bread as I watched them talking.
          I wonder what they're talking about
          Kana shook her head and then he left. I moved out of the way so he could leave the classroom. Kana noticed me standing by the door. She turned a bit and looked down at her desk. I walked up to her and asked,"What was that about?" She turned towards me and answered my question,"He just asked me out for Christmas Eve, that's all."
          "Isn't he that popular guy from class 1-1?" I asked.
          "Yeah," she mumbled.
          "What did you tell him?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.
          "I told him no, of course," she replied.
          "Well, you're beautiful, so of course there's gonna be guys lining up to get a date," I said. Her face turned a bright red as she looked down as if she was trying to hide it. I poked her cheek and laughed,"You're so cute!" Then I finished my bread and sat down.
          "So...what do you wanna do for Christmas Eve?" I asked.
          "Hmm...I'm not sure. Wherever you want, I guess," she replied.
          "I'll think of a place," I said.
          Then class started again and we all sat down in our seats.
          Where would be a good place to go?
          After school, Kana was picked up my her mom and she went home, so I walked by myself. I went around looking for a few good places we could go to for our date. After walking around a few places, and getting a little lost, I found the perfect spot. There was a huge fountain with beautiful colored lights shining on the water. It wasn't the best sight to see during the day, but I was sure that it would look great at night. There wasn't that many people around the area too, so it wasn't that crowded.
          I'll definitely take her here!
          I set up a plan for our date and went home. I was so excited for our date!
           Later on, it was finally Christmas Eve. I had already prepared presents for all my family and friends. I struggled to decide on what to wear for my date with Kana. Our date didn't start until 1:00 so I didn't have to rush that much. I decided to just wear some nice pants, a long sleeved shirt, and a warm coat with a scarf as well. It was pretty cold outside. Well, it is winter after all. I walked over to our meeting place to be there ten minutes early. Five minutes later, Kana showed up. "Sorry, did I keep you waiting?" She asked. I shook my head,"Not at all, I just got here." I looked at Kana. She was wearing a skirt with leggings and a nice warm coat with a scarf to keep her warm.
          This is the first Christmas Eve I've spent with a girl...
          "Are you ready to go?" I asked.
          "Yup," she replied as she grabbed onto my arm. We started walking to the first location.
          Looks like I won't be feeling cold this winter...