The First Day.

Here it was the first day of high school. It was six o'clock in the morning and I was tired as hell. My alarm clock on my phone buzzed annoyingly in my ear but I was unwilling to leave the comfort of my bed and face the day, that was until my mother bust into my room without even the first knock, started yelling for me to get up in an excited tone. That's when I finally had to get up. I groaned my feet padding quickly to the bathroom so I could get in before Jenna. She usually took her two years to get ready.

     I hurried through my routine trying not to let my nerves get the best of me. I quickly washed my face, brushing my teeth and hair before walking back to my room to change.  I hadn't the first clue to wear, should I dress casually? I finally decided on a white polo jeans and vans. I figured it was plain and wouldn't  get me much abuse from the kids. I quickly shoved my phone in my backpack before jogging down stairs feeling lightheaded.

      My mother had made eggs and toast for Jenna and i, which she happily ate but I was already feeling sick and we weren't even leaving yet. I think mom noted my stress and rubbed  my shoulders reassuringly. I didn't know what to do or what I should say at school. I wondered if the kids would be nice or if I would be an outcast like last year.

      I prayed things would be different.

     The drive to school was quiet but not at all peaceful with my mind racing a mile a minute. My throat tightened as we pulled into the high school. It was a pretty big school with a nice stadium. But somehow I already knew that this would not be a good time for me when I saw the parking lot full of students laughing and socialising. I tensed and I felt my mother's gaze flicker to me from the drivers side. I tried to look relaxed again but my mom knew me better than that.

    "Adam Novel you have nothing to worry about. You are a kind, smart, and handsome young man. I just know that all the kids will love you." Mom said smiling. I appreciated my mother's kind words but I knew I would do something, anything, to screw up in some way and be labeled for the whole year.

   "Thanks mom, I love you." I said anyway because I knew she meant well. We pulled around to the curb where I would have to get out. I clenched my hands into fists to keep from shaking.

   "Well, have a good first day!" Mom said gesturing for me to go ahead. I grinned in vain and slipped on my backpack stepping out of the car. Mom waved speeding away before I could climb back in.

   I took in a shaky breath and looked around outside at the masses of teenagers congregating in the parking lot and I felt a long way from my old school, old town, and old life. I  walked into the school.

      I entered into a corridor with blue lockers lining the hallways. I quickly pulled my schedule out of my pocket to find my locker number. Once I had it I scampered down the hall past a group girls talking loudly. I was wary that I had two minutes to make it to class and my locker was far away from my first period. I finally made it to my locker where I grabbed my text book and hurried to the class.

   I got lost twice and I made it to class a few seconds late. I prayed the teacher would excuse me. I walked in thankfully none of the students looked at me, that was until the door accidentally slammed shut behind me. I mentally cursed myself as nearly every head turned to stare at me. I heard a few snickering as a blush slowly crept up my neck.

  I scanned the room of students my gaze landing on a pair of the most beautiful green eyes is ever seen.  I couldn't stare to long before I heard the teacher clear his throat. I quickly scampered off to the only empty chair left in the room. Unfortunately, it was in front of some very athletic , big looking guys. I sat down hoping I would become invisible. Behind me I heard one of the guys mutter something and the other three laughed. Although I hadn't heard what he said, I knew it was about me. Anxiety gripped at my stomach, I felt my blush grow redder.