Part one

❤️💛💚💙💜If people try to bring you down, it only means that you are above them💜💙💚💛❤️

lucy

I wake up to my alarm beeping. I snooze it and get up. I go downstairs and make breakfast for Dad and me. He comes down and slaps my face.
"HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU!?" He yells. "MY BREAKFAST SHOULD BE READY WHEN I AM DOWN!" I don't cry at his yelling. He's been doing this to me ever since mum died.

Flashback

"Look mummy." I say. "There's a butterfly over there!" I run across the road. I'm suddenly thrown off the road and hear a car hit something. I look round and see my mother's body covered in blood.

Later the police and ambulance arrive. My father with them.
"Daddy? Did I kill mummy?" I ask when everyone's gone.
"YES YOU DID!" He yells and hits me. When we get home he beats me until he falls asleep.

End of flashback

I put on a pastel blue top and black jeans. I go downstairs only to be dragged my father to his 'torture' room. He sat me down on the chair, tied me to it and draws out a knife. He slices my arms. Then my stomach. Then, for good measure, cuts my arm again. I don't cry. Or scream. I endure it all.

Later he leaves. He goes into his bedroom. I free myself, put on a black hoodie, grab my bag and head to school.

"Hey slut." Lisanna says as I walk in through the gate. She the school's most popular girl and likes to make everyone feel like shit. I ignore her. "Hey bitch, don't ignore me." I keep walking. I find Levy, my best and only friend, sitting on a bench in the school. I sit beside her.

"Hey Lu!" She says.
"Hi Levy!" I say fake smiling. I always act happy around her. She's the only person who doesn't bully me that actually talks to me. She doesn't know about my dad though. The bell rings and we go to first lesson.

First lesson is maths. I have to sit next to Juvia Lockser, Gray Fullbuster's girlfriend. She doesn't usually talk to me. Until today.
"Oh look, the bitch showed up today." Juvia says.
"Don't talk to her babe." Gray says who was sitting behind her. "She's not worth your time." Gray was one of the few people who didn't bully me. In a way he defended me.
"You're just a burden to us all." Juvia says before turning away. I sit there in silence.

Second lesson was English. I sat down in my seat. It was next to Natsu Dragneel.
"Looks like the bitch hasn't killed herself yet." He says loudly. I sit down and ignore him.
"LEAVE LU ALONE!" Levy says. She sits behind us.
"Levy...please..." I say. Levy would only get hurt by him.
"Better listen to your whore-ish friend nerd." He says. I was about to punch him in the face for insulting Levy but the teacher walked in.

When the bell went I slipped away as fast as I could so Levy couldn't get to me. I hid in a bush and pulled out a knife. I rolled up my jeans to reveal all the cuts I had. I started to cut myself. I engraved all the names I'd been called today. Bitch. Whore. Slut. Bitch again. Bitch once more. A burden. I hear the bell go. I roll my jeans down and put the knife away. I then walk to third lesson.

Third lesson was science. I liked science, only because I sat next to Levy. Plus all the people who bullied me either sat at the other end of the classroom or weren't in this class.
"Look at it Lu!" Levy says."it's so pretty!" The teacher was performing a science experiment for us to watch.

"It really is." I say and sigh.

Fourth lesson

I quickly slip away again so Levy doesn't catch me. I'm about to go into the bush again when Lisanna stops me.
"Where are you going ugly?" She says. I don't say anything. "SPEAK BITCH! I ASKED YOU A FUCKING QUESTION!"
"..." I wasn't going to give her that satisfaction. She throws me to the floor and starts kicking me.
"Bitch."
"Slut."
"Waste of space."
"Ugly."
"Pathetic."
"Useless."
"Lisanna that's enough!" I hear a voice yell. I look up to see a girl with long brown hair and blue eyes. She had purple wolf features. I believe her name was Melody, the alpha female wolf of the school. (Yes I added her here, I like her ok? She's like a little me. I'm talking to myself, aren't I? SHUT UP ME!)
"Hmf!" Lisanna says and storms off. Melody helps me off the ground.
"Are you alright?" She asks me, I nod my head. "I'm Melody. What's your name?"
"I-I-I'm no one special." I say.
"Nonsense." She says. "Everyone's special in my eyes. After all, there can only be one of you." She smiles brightly at me.
"I-I'm Lucy Heartfilia." I say.
"It's nice to meet you Lucy." She says. "Well I've got to go now, see you around?" I nod my head and she runs off. That was the first time someone, other than Levy, was nice to me. I smiled. I walked to the cafeteria and sat next to Levy.

"There you are Lu!" She says." Where were you?"
"Just out walking." I say.
"Did Lisanna find you?" She asks. I nod my head. "Oh Lu..." She hugs me.
"But that girl named Melody stopped her." I say.
"It's a good thing she's nice, right?" She says.
"Yeah..." I say. The bell for last lesson goes.

Last lesson is creative writing. The teacher lets me sit on my own at the back of the classroom. Creative writing is my favourite lesson because no one bothers me.
"Alright class." The teacher says. "You will be working in pairs to write a poem. It must be 100 lines long. One person writes 50 lines while the other writes the other 50. Now pick your partners!"

Everyone rushes to get a partner. I, of course, end up with no partner. I was going to ask Melody, but she had already been stolen by Erza, class president, and Erza was stubborn.
"Raise you hand if you haven't got a partner." The teacher says. I raise my hand. So does....