Chapter 2

Skye's POV

17 minutes left! I needed to get up and get ready. I was lying on my stomach by the edge of my bed, my feet in the air and my eyes glued to my laptop screen. I had just got a text from my boy Jake that he was on his way here to pick me up!

I grabbed my boots and opened my attic window letting the cool air whisper through my hair. I slid down the ladder attached to the side of the house next to my window. My parents weren't home, but I never passed through the front door. They weren't home most of the time, hell; I found out that my dad had left to go to London a week ago, when my mom came home last night. As usual she screamed "dinner!" up to me and I would never answer.

I saw a car pull up by the sidewalk. I ran to the car and jumped straight over the door of the open-toped car, landing beside Jake. He laughed, grinning as I adjusted the outfit I picked out for him and he backed his car out, looked around sneakily and took a u-turn towards my dream!

As soon as we got to our destination, I was about to hop out, when Jake got out, opened my door and helped me out. I blushed slightly, but then it faded as I remembered why he was allowed to act like this again. I looked back up and I realized that we were here and no one could put me down now that we were!

Jake and I walked hand in hand into Demi Lovato's sound check! Yes, that's where we were! We had gotten the VIP pack for Demi's concert!

We were ushered into the sound check, but time flew as I waited for the concert. We were let into the concert, right up close to the stage. I was so excited as I clung onto Jake and waited for my angel to sing! As usual, Demi was amazing! The most beautiful voice belonged to the most beautiful person, with the most beautiful hair and smile and everything! I was in awe as she smiled in my direction, winking as she saw us singing along to every song! I'm a Lovatic, and being there was my dream!

By the end of the show I was crying, damping the front of Jake's shirt with my tears of joy. He smiled every time he looked down at me and seeing how happy being here made me. When Demi sang her last song I was so sad, but he brightened my spirits as he lead me to M&G. By the time we got there, we were the last in line.

"How are you doing there, Skye?" He asked me, a kind look of love on his face

"I'm fine! Thank you so much Jake!" I said laughing; I didn't cry as much as most people. I let myself cry in Demi's concert, but here I couldn't be anything but happy!

As we moved forward in the line, Jake took hold of my waist and drew me close to him. Grateful for his warmth and comfort, I leaned in. I felt his breath warm on my neck. As we edged even closer he turned me around in his arms, his eyes grinning at me through his deep brown bangs.

"I haven't seen you this happy since..." his smile wiped of his face as he came to the end of his sentence, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up" he said looking down

"It's okay Jake" I said, "it happened, let's forget about it"

He looked up, his expression still slightly worried but he took my answer to heart. I found myself staring into his eyes, staring into icy blue, the rim of his soul. He let himself be so open, he showed every part of what he was feeling with no hesitation.

And in the interest of this matter, he leaned in and kissed me.

I hated it; he knew I had just been heartbroken! I shoved him away and he frowned at the sight of my hurt expression. He tried to grab my wrist to apologize maybe, but I tore out of his grip and ran through the doors and flew into his car.

End of POV

Demi's POV

I saw the last couple in the line lean in to each other in pure love. I smiled at the thought of that beautiful girl getting the perfect boyfriend that she deserved. He looked kind, had a certain air of chivalry and although I shouldn't be judging by his looks, he had an amazing sense of style (especially his leather jacket!).

The Lovatic before them was just finishing up, I smiled at the camera with her, but from the corner of my eye I saw the guy kiss the girl and the girl run of in a furry. As soon as the picture was taken, I excused myself and ran after the girl. She threw herself into the back seat of the car and made my way in with her, pulling her into a hug.

She shoved against me, trying to fight my hug, but when she realized I wasn't the boy back there she leaned in to me, but no sobs escaped her.

"Sweat heart what's wrong?" I asked

She looked startled, her body jerked upright "D-e Demi?" she asked, her voice shaking

I smiled at her "yes! You missed you chance to meet me back there and I thought that that was just too bad!"

She smiled, knowing that I had seen what happened, but happy that I had strayed of the topic

"You know I'm not here to make you talk" I said trying to provoke a smile I said, "let's start over... I'm Demi!"

She laughed, the cuteness of her dimples inducing my laugh too

"I'm Skye" she said shyly

"Well nice to meet you Skye!" I said "here, let's take a picture." I took out my phone, snapped a selfie of the two of us and tweeted it straight away.

The smile on Skye's face stretched and her eyes glinted with happiness too. I felt as if, this was something unusual to her, smiling this much.

"Nice to meet you, sweetie, bye!"

"Bye..." she said and I kissed her cheek and got out of the car. She blushed as she watched me walk away, and grinned when I waved to her.

The boy went up to her, she smiled at him and he looked relieved. He apologized and she accepted the apology. He drew her into a hug, and now I realized that they looked better together as best friends. I'm glad it worked out between them.

I watched them as they drove off, climbing into my car and waving to Skye as she waved back. I didn't know her, but i felt a connection with her.

I knew one thing for sure, I was in love with the amount of happiness present on her face...