Chapter 1

My name is Alice St.Clair but I go by River a nickname I've had ever since I was a child how I got it? maybe I'll go into that later, I live in Shadowclaw South Carolina population 2,500 I am 17 years old a senior at Shadowclaw high my family founded this town way back in 1665 as a safe haven for Castor hunters (Castor are like witches but their real names are Castor's the term Witch was created by a mortal.) it was a place for them to rest and settle down once they retired of hunting. Now it is a town full of both Mortals and hunters the Mortals aren't aware of hunters or Castors or anything Supernatural they think it's a myth which is good it keeps them out of our way. My family are hunters they hunt Castors we're one of the best family of hunters that have been seen in centuries here in Shadowclaw there are no Castors except one.

Me.

I'm sitting in my 1967 Chevy Impala (yea like the one in Supernatural.) in the school parking lot a sheet of rain blocking my view of the school even though I am less than twenty yards away from the doors listing to Neck deep's song 'Apart of me.' When my passenger door opens and my best girlfriend Sofia slides in slamming the door behind her. "You're drenched Sofia need I remind you that when the inside of a car gets wet it tends to stink?" she sighs and pick up the cup that was in my cup holder places it in between her legs and begins to ring out her wet hair into it.

 The season is stuck between deciding to be raining/chilly or raining/freezing, it's mid-October were the whether is like Twilight and Dawn stuck between choosing so it just stays this way until the approaching month makes mother nature decide which one of the two she's cursed or blessed us with for the next three months. See here we only have two seasons Hot and Sunny or Cold,Freezing or raining the second season doesn't matter which one it is it's always raining but that's alright because I like the rain. 

Sofia finished ringing out her hair "I knew that when a car gets wet it can smell bad but that's why I brought this..." she reaches into her bag and pulls out a bottle of Febreze "You see River I somehow knew that you were going to complain about this so I came prepared." she starts to spray the air around her. "Umm... Sofia what scent is that?" she glances at the bottle "Lavender why?..." her voice trails off "Oh my I'm an idiot." I sigh "Grab that cup and lets go." I turn off my car and together we escape into the rain. 

  We slide into the school and hey wouldn't you know it I literally slide into the school heartthrobs arms. 

The emerald eyes of the one and only James Joshua stare into my honey/golden ones.

Let me explain to you just who James Joshua is; James Joshua is one of those teenage boys who is always called by his first and last name. He is exactly the kind of guy f he was fictional any good fangirl couldn't help fall in love with, but of course since this isn't a story fangirls can't love him but that surely doesn't stop all the girls in my school from it and like any good guy he's somewhat aware of it, and to add to the fangirls loving him he's a Castor hunter as well as a werewolf, a hybrid is the correct term I believe. On occasion he hunts with me and my family sometimes his family and mine team up. 

which means I tend to see more of him than I'd like (which isn't really that big of a deal since it is a small town.) the problem is with him being a Hybrid is that he can smell Castors form miles away and if it's an extremely powerful Castor he can smell them from a state away, with me being a Castor I have to be careful when I'm around him otherwise I'd be hunted and killed possibly by my own family.

Now let me describe to you just what this boy looks like. James Joshua has emerald green eyes, Olive skin (even though we live less then 30 minutes away from the beach) and Raven hair (traits from being part werewolf.) He's 6'2 making him the height of the average American guy. He has a little scar on the bridge of his nose from when a branch of a tree fell and hit him. The top rack of his teeth are straight and white but his bottom row was slightly crooked, his lips are somewhat you call full and he has a bad habit of biting his bottom lip.