Chapter three

The rest of the ride is silent Jason doesn't dare say a word. We make it to Charlotte in 34 minutes because I was speeding and to be quite frank I don't really care about the speed limit at the moment; my logic is that people will move out of the way and with my Castor abilities I can sense when danger is around like a drunk driver, a person who texts and drives or when there's a cop. I was speeding because I just want to get this hunt over with and get back home and sleep.
I glance over at Jason and see that on his right hand his knuckles are white from gripping onto the door handle so hard, his face is pale as well. I smirk Jason hates when people drives fast; he swears that every time he gets in a car with me that if he lives he's not going to get in the car with me again.
   look how that turned out.
There he is riding shot gun for the 1,000 time since I've had this car looking deathly afraid for his life. Normally he'd make small retorts or scream at me to slow down but I know that he can still feel my frustration at James Joshua so he's not taking his chances with me. He must think it's 'my time of the month' as the men say in all honesty I hate that saying whenever a male says that to me I have the overwhelming desire to stab them in the neck with an old rusty fork and drag it across their neck, sadly that's frowned upon in the state of South Carolina.
I ease up on the gas because I'm staring to feel bad you should never intentionally scare someone who's petrified of one thing then use it against them. I mean yes scare pranking is good and funny but driving 120MPH down a highway is just cruel same as having a clown follow someone around I do not care who you are if you scare me with a clown I'll kill you and wipe your existence from this planet earth no one will remember you and yes before you even ask it's possible with being magic and all. I see Jason's shoulders relax and his face went back to his normal color but he still held on to the door handle.
I must admit that I profusely enjoy driving around with Jason because he doesn't need music or talking to fill the silence we just drive and think. It's a comfortable relationship one that can only be reached after 17 years of friendship.
Looking back in my review mirror I see James Joshua in his Wolf form and sigh, his fur is drenched because he's been running In the rain I was hoping that he'd just go back to Shadowclaw but that's what hope is it just lets you down much like life. I park my baby on the side of a road near an old parking lot that look abandoned.
Jason gets out and stars to walk towards James Joshua as he turns back to his normal self and he looks beyond pissed. I'm not going to lie James Joshua scares the hell out of me when he's pissed his anger has never been targeted at me or other hunters but you know what they say first time for everything right? The reason I'm scared of James Joshua when he's mad is because when he gets overly emotional be it mad, sad, happy or excited his senses go in overdrive and I fear that when my charm starts to wear off before I renew it that he might get mad or something and sniff me out and knowing James Joshua he wouldn't hesitate to kill me and enjoy it. Though since he would have no liable proof of me being a Castor and he killed me he would be charged with the murder of not only me but also the murder of the chosen family to lead and he'd be put to death.
Now I know that James Joshua bothers me a lot but I don't want anyone I care about to get killed because of me yea you heard that right I care about James Joshua in a way nothing romantic like so don't you dare go get any ideas of shipping us together and calling is "Rivames" I also don't want me to get killed by those I love. It's always me choosing to be who I am and who I want to be asking life or death. Sounds fun right?
I swear sometimes life can be a bitch