Chapter 2

Let me tell you one thing about riding in the car with a werewolf hunter hybrid and your best friend it's hellacious; one is always complaining about my taste in music the other keeps putting his feet on my dash I was so close to crashing my car but my car is my baby and I'd probably cry if anything were to happen my baby; just to get them to shut up nevertheless I didn't but right now with them bickering back and forth like children is making me regret that decision.

"Boys!-" I yell "Will you both please just shut up? I'm trying to drive and with you two acting like toddlers is making it hard for me to concentrate." I hear James Joshua mutter something under his breath from the corner of my eye I see Jason open his mouth to retaliate his comment I slam on my brakes making them both shoot forward and give me the evil eye. I turn in my seat and glare at both of them "The next one of you that opens your mouth until we get to Charlotte will be walking or hitchhiking the rest of the way." Jason shuts his mouth because he knows that I'm not kidding James on the other hand decides to test me he has the audacity to test me "Oh come on River you wouldn't do that." I feel my eyes move to slits Jason shakes his head like 'dude you shouldn't have done that.' I put the car in park, turn around "Get out." I say he hesitates "Are you serious?" I don't reply I look straight ahead my jaw set, Jason knows better than to say anything. James Joshua mumbles something incoherent and gets out into the rain.

Without looking  back I step on the gas and leave him miles behind