Kissing me was a mistake?

I spent the rest of the day literally hiding from Isaac, I almost got caught twice but I'd just run the opposite way. I knew I was going to regret my kiss because now everything is weird, I can't look Isaac in the face. I can't be the only one who's rejected someone they've liked forever can I?

It's the end of the day and I'm walking to dump books in my locker before I leave, as I'm walking I turn the corner and spot Isaac standing at my locker talking to Tyson. I immediately turn back, sticking my head out I try to make out what they're saying but I can't hear a thing. What the heck could he be talking to Tyson about? I hide behind the wall and continue to peek until Isaac walks away. Sneaking up to Tyson as his back is turned to me "what happened?!" I ask causing him to jump

"Were you hiding somewhere?" Of course I was

"No, just saw him walk away as I was heading towards you guys, but what did Issac want?!"

"Told me to tell you to meet him by his car, he wants to give you a ride home"

"What?!" I hit Tyson's shoulder "what did you say?!"

"I said I usually give you a ride and he asked would I mind if he gave you a ride today?"

"And what did you say?!"

"I said no"

"Idiot! Now I'm gonna have to ride with him!"

"You don't have to Kaiden, just go tell him you're ok riding with me"

"No but I kind of want to tho"

"You're confusing"

I frown "tell me what do to Ty!"

"Go to him! Whatever happens happens"

"Alright, but will you wait like five minutes before you leave? Just so I can make sure I have someone to run to if I am running away"

"I'm gonna go sit in my car, if I don't see you in five minutes I'm going home"

"Fine great! Alright I'm going, wish me luck" I grin nervously as I back away from Tyson

"Luck."

...

I slowly walk to his car, nothing bad is going to happen. The worst that can happen is me running away which thank god I told Tyson to wait for me if I do. I get closer to his car and I can see him there waiting with his hands in his pockets. I stop for a second just admiring him from a far like I used to, before all the crazy. He looks so good, like that's Isaac Booker over there and he's waiting for me! Why the hell am I hiding behind a car right now?!

I continue to walk to him. I do want to be with him more than anything but it's clear what I want isn't what he wants. I get to him "hey" I say standing in front of him, with a little distance between us

"Kaiden I really didn't think you were going to come" even if I had to walk through my death I'd still make it, that's a little excessive isn't it? "Listen I'm sorry I kissed you like that in front of everyone this morning, that was a mistake-"

"Kissing me was a mistake?" I cut him off

"No not what I meant! I mean kissing you there was a mistake because you don't like that, I was being forward which is who I am and I should've known that it wasn't who you are"

"How do you know I didn't like it?"

He smiles "you couldn't get away from me fast enough not the reaction I usually get when I kiss someone"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah"

"Why are you into me all of a sudden? I mean I know if I didn't help you with your exam we'd never actually hang out, you'd never actually talk to me, and everything that's happened in the past two weeks would never have happened"

"You're right, but because of the exam I got to spend two weeks with you and after I took it and passed I realized we'd probably never talk again" yeah that was the plan "so I had to do something, I asked you out but you turned me down. Kaiden I've never spent time with someone just to hang out before, we spent two weeks together and you didn't try a thing, you didn't throw yourself at me or tried to make you helping me more than what it was, that was different for me. After you cancelled our date I figure it was because I was too forward, and you'd never be into a guy like me" I should just confess, just tell him how I feel how I've felt the day I laid my eyes on him. "I'm making you uncomfortable aren't I?" He smiles "come on I'll take you home."

He opens the car door and I climb in and sit. As he's driving I calculate what I can say, I want to say the right thing, I mean I like Isaac so much but if I go into something with him whole heartedly I'll probably end up hurt.

He reaches my house after a few minutes driving and pulls into my drive way, we sit in the car and I stare at my lap unsure of what I want to say "there's your house" he says breaking the silence

Say something! Anything! "Ask me out again" I say under my breath realizing it was probably too low for him to hear

"What?"

I lift my head up turning to him "ask me out again" I say this time loud and clear

He chuckles "so you can deny me again?"

"Ask me and find out"

"Kaiden would you like to go on a date with me?"

"I'd like that very much" we smile at each other

"Is tomorrow at 8 ok?"

"It's perfect." I unbuckle my seat belt "thanks for the ride" and get out of the car

"Anytime" we smile and wave at each other then he backs out of the drive way.