Can you please explain what carbon footprint is?

"We talked about this, you said saying no was for the best" my mom follows me around as I get ready for my date

"And maybe I'm right or wrong, I won't know for sure unless I try"

"My baby's gonna get hurt" she frowns

"Don't anticipate things like that mom! That's how bad stuff happens"

"Fine." Walking into my room she sits on my bed as I continue to get dressed "where's he taking you?"

"No clue"

She gets antsy "who's gonna be there?"

"No clue"

"Kaiden! You don't know where you're going, and you don't know who's gonna be there?"

"Yes"

"I need to leave before I lose my mind" she gets up walking out

"Don't panic! I'll be fine" I yell after her as she walks away.

My mom worries too much, she always thinks I'm gonna get hurt I'm way stronger than I look.

I'm almost done getting ready and I hear the door bell, oh shit I panic a little "I'll get it!" My mom yells and I finish up.

One last thing, my phone. I look around but I can't find it "where the hells my phone!" Panicking I start to throw things everywhere. Rushing to my mom "mom-"

I walk in to her holding my phone and asking Issac "where do you live Issac Booker?"

He smiles about to open his mouth and answer "don't answer that!" I cut them off "hey" I smile at him walking to my mother and pulling her "I'll be right back" I take her to the kitchen "what the hell mom?! Why'd you take my phone?" I take it from her

"So I could have some time to talk to your precious Issac"

"Devious woman" I scold her "we're gonna go now, I'll text you if it makes you feel better"

"Yes it does" she smiles.

We walk back out to the door where Issac is waiting "sorry"

"Ready?"

"Yep. Bye mom"

"Hey take care of my kid! I only have the one"

"Oh my god" I whisper as we leave. We're fully outside "I'm so sorry" I shake my head in embarrassment

"It's okay" he chuckles "she's funny." We get to his car and he opens the door for me, after we're both in he pulls away. "You look nice by the way"

Shit! Issac Booker just said you look nice! How do I reply? "I look like a bum" solid.

He laughs "what?"

"I mean thanks, you too" I look like a bum? What's wrong with me?

...

"Where are we going?" I finally ask after we've been driving for awhile

"Charlie's to hang out with my friends"

My insides die "oh great." Charlie's is a cafe where all the cool kids hang out, we're going into senior territory and I'm a loser sophomore.

This is bad! This is really bad! Where's Tyson when you need him?! Issac pulls up to the cafe and I can see his friends through the window "come on" he's already out of the car and I didn't even realize.

Taking quiet deep breaths we walk into Charlie's and head over to the corner by the pool table where his friends are "hey guys" he says loud enough to get their attention