Enter Hot New Boyfriend Here/ Taylor

% CHAPTER 39 %

"OMG, what bikini are you gonna wear girl?!" Whit demands. She's gleaming with excitement. "You gotta look sexy for your boyfrrraaaaaannnn!!" She gives a big wink.

I shiver at the mention of my boyfriend. It's not a cold shiver. It's an ecstatic shiver. I just still can't believe we're dating! Is it too good to be true?

"No sweety don't say that... It's definitely true."

"I said that out loud?" I ask.

Whit grabs a brush and rolls her eyes. She starts working on the tangles in my hair. "No you didn't just say that and I have purple and blue hair!"

"Sorry, I hadn't meant to say that."

"Of course you didn't." Whit sets the brush down and guides me to my bed. We both take a seat, making the bed creak under the weight. "No one ever means to say those things, but I'm telling you Taylor, he really does like you. I don't understand why this isn't processing through your brain."

I smirk. "I don't understand why Isaac's constant hitting on you isn't processing through your brain."

Whit's face begins turning bright red. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Whatever! You two are always looking at each other! Ever since you got here he's been all over that." I move my hand in a circle towards her.

"Uhh well it's not because he likes me."

"Uhh well, maybe it is. Taylor much?" I wink. "Take your own advice."

Whit looks at me with a dismal face. "I'll be downstairs getting something to eat. You want anything?"

"Nope."

"Okay good. I wasn't gonna bring you anything anyways. Now stop dawdling and look for a bikini!"

I sigh and turn my attention back to the closet. I've never liked packing, but I guess I can make an exception for this weekend. After all, we get to go to the beach!! Not to mention I get to hang out with Bret. I just really don't want to pack for this! Even if it is for Bret.

To be honest though, we really haven't connected all too much on the personal level. I have no idea how to act. I mean I like him, but I feel like we haven't been acting like boyfriend and girlfriend. I'm not saying I want to break up with him, but I just feel like there's something stopping us from connecting. That's another thing I want to deal with this weekend. I just don't want us being together for the lust. I want it to actually be a relationship where I can tell him everything and he can tell me everything. Is that too much to ask of a guy?

Enter hot boyfriend here! I hear him walk into the room. He wraps his arms around my waist, kissing the back of my head. Instantly, my stiff body becomes calm from his touch.

"Hello there beautiful."

A blush spreads like wildfire through my cheeks. "Hey," I reply nervously, biting on my lower lip. He just has this affect on me. I don't know if he realizes how he affects me. I just hope that's a good base for us to build an even stronger bond. Anyone can have an attraction. It all depends on how they act on it.

"You know I haven't told you this yet, but you are the only one who can pull off that biting lip thing. I mean I think its sexy."

Great. Those words were like perfect. Now I probably look the color of a firetruck. I'm blazing over here! Can't you freaking tell?! I guess he can considering the fact that I can see him holding back a laugh. I feel majorly embarrassed right now. I didn't know he paid that much attention to my facial expressions and reactions.