Robb Stark x Reader

(A/N) Hey guys, so I know everyone usually skips past the author's notes, and that's cool so I'll try and do this fast. Please comment and vote and all that shiz. And I hope you enjoy!! ^.^

.

.

.

P.s.(y/h/n) = your house name (i.e. Stark, Lannister, Greyjoy, etc.)

(y/f/c) = your favorite color

-Reader's P.O.V.-

The harsh, freezing air of Winterfell awoke me. I have lived in Winterfell ever since my dad died, yet the cold air has never failed to be quite pesky. However, I do not mean to complain, as I am thankful to have a home, and I am forever grateful to Ned and Catelyn Stark for welcoming me into their home.

I got out of bed from underneath all of my thick, fluffy, fur blankets and closed the window that I had left open last evening. Just as soon as I had done that, my handmaiden, Raina, walked into my room telling me to get changed out of my already worn slip into a clean one and to chose a dress for my breakfast with the Starks.

"Get ready, (Y/n), don't just stand there! You have to be to breakfast soon, and Lady Stark will not be happy if you're late!" Raina said to me in a stern voice.

I don't mind when Raina speaks to me that way, she is more of a friend to me than a handmaiden, and I'm quite glad she feels comfortable enough around me to speak to me in such a way. I decided to obey Raina's orders and walked over to my wardrobe. When Raina did speak to me like that I would usually make a sarcastic remark, but today I was too tired to do so.

I looked through all of my dresses and settled on a (y/f/c) one. I always loved (y/f/c) dresses, not only because it is my favorite color, but also because a few years ago I was wearing a dress that color during a visit from King Robert, and Robb, the eldest Stark, told me that I looked beautiful. Now, this may seem really silly, but it meant the world to me. That day, when I wore that dress, Robb Stark, the man I've had a crush on since I was six years old, called me beautiful. However, even though I felt this way for him it didn't matter. He would be getting married next week to a girl of the Frey family. A week from now he would be a married man and all of my dreams of being with Robb Stark would be shattered.

I stood in front of my wardrobe motionless and heartbroken while Raina helped me lace up the dress, then did my hair and made sure I was completely ready before sending me to breakfast. When I walked into the room where we typically eat breakfast, I am not surprised to see everyone there already, and they were all staring at me.

"How nice of you to join us Lady (y/h/n). We were afraid you wouldn't make it and we began eating without you." Catelyn said while giving you a pointed look.

"My apologies, m'Lady. I hope that you can pardon my tardiness." I say while dipping my head.

Catelyn simply turned back to her food in response, and Ned told me to sit. I did as told, and unfortunately, due to me being late I had to take the one empty seat, the one next to Robb. Like I mentioned earlier I like Robb, but I like him so much I tend to make a fool out of myself whenever I'm around him. As I sat down next to Robb I could feel my cheeks heating up. My cheeks were so hot I was afraid I would melt all of the snow in Winterfell. Even worse, Robb took notice of this and asked me if I was feeling okay, wondering if I was coming down with a fever.

"I am fine Robb, but thank you for asking." I say while staring down at the food on my plate. I was afraid to make eye contact with the young wolf, as his beauty intimidated me slightly.

I finished my breakfast quite quickly, although it was hard because I could feel Robb glancing at me every minute or so. Soon after I finished my meal, Lady Stark excused me and just as I was about to enter my chambers to read and then take a quick nap I heard my name being called. I turned to see the blue eyed, curly brown haired, heir of Winterfell running toward me.

"Yes, Robb? What is it?" I asked, slightly curious as to what was so important that he had to chase me to my room to talk to me about.

"Would you mind accompanying me on a horse ride later?" he asked with hope in his eyes.

"I would love to." I replied with a smile. After all, it may be one of the last times I get to spend any time alone with Robb, and we were riding horses, how could I possibly embarrass myself doing that?

"Fantastic! Meet me by the stables at noon"

.

.

.

Time skip to riding horses

.

.

.

Robb and I had already been riding horses for about a half of an hour and it was going great, we were talking and joking around. Then, just as I had forgotten about my best friend and the man I was hopelessly in love with getting married in a week, he brought up the Frey girl. I knew he had to marry her for a very important bridge to be made, but I wished he didn't. I wished he was mine. But, being the good friend and proper lady I was raised to be, I let him continue talking about his betrothed.

Robb just kept going on about the arranged marriage and why it had to be done. Then suddenly he said something that caught my attention.

Robb had said, "I don't want to marry Lady Frey."

My eyes widened, and I wanted to say something, but I couldn't, it was as if my mouth had been locked shut. So, instead of me speaking there was a long, uncomfortable pause between us. Then he spoke again.

"I'd rather marry you." Robb said in a hushed voice.

Just then, in shock, I let go of my horses reins and put both of my hands over my heart. The horse then decided to start running, causing me to embarrass myself once again, by falling off of my horse. Robb looked concerned and amused at once as he hopped down from his horse and asked if I was okay.

"Y-y-yes, Robb, I'm fine. What did you say before I-I fell?"

"I said that I would rather marry you, (Y/n)." Robb replied with a soft smile on his face.

"Oh. Right. That's right. Ummm." I stuttered. I thought I had misheard him when he said he would rather marry me, but no, he said that, he really said that. Robb's laugh brought me out of my thoughts and I realized I had to say something besides 'oh' and 'um'. So, as nonchalantly as I could, I smiled and said "So would I. I'd like it very much if you married me".

.

.

.

A month later

.

.

.

Robb decided to do what was best for his family and get the bridge they needed, but he did so without marrying Lady Frey. He instead married me, my name is now Lady (Y/n) Stark.

I hope you enjoyed the story! Please vote, comment, and follow me! Until next time my cripples, bastards and broken things!