Built To Be Broken

Burned or not, second grade sucked. But what was Yoongi expecting? It was a room full of kids. And one thing that he knew was kids will judge you if you're different. Most people think that self consciousness happens when you become a teenager. But in reality, kids strive to fit in from a young age, even if they don't realize it. Everyone wanted to be the same. No one wanted to step out of their comfort zone.

      Yoongi didn't really have a choice as to whether or not he wanted to fit in. Fate decided that for him. And fate decided to throw Yoongi into a burning house so that his options would be limited.

     But Park Jimin on the other hand, chose to be different. He didn't like how everyone copied each other. He didn't like trends. He didn't like stereotypes. He wanted to leave his mark on the world as "Park Jimin," not "Park Jimin #7,000,000,000." He strived to be different, and Yoongi hated him for that.

"Why would anyone want to be different?! Don't they know how bad it is? How painful it can be?" Yoongi asked himself as he stared at his reflection in the school bathroom mirror.

      But then be remembered; he was superhuman! He had almost forgotten how cool it seemed to be different. To be weird. To be limited edition. He stared at himself longer, taking in every scar on his messed up face.

"It's cool to be different," Yoongi whispered to himself with a slight smile.

      He was just about leave the bathroom when a group of five boys entered, stopping when they saw him.

"Woah, it's that Yoongi thing!" One of the boy's said.

"What's up with his face?"

"Why's it like that?" Yoongi felt himself shrink smaller with every sentence.

"Hey, you don't belong here!" Yelled a boy from the back of the group.

      Tears sprang into Yoongi's eyes as the boy's erupted in laughter. He had nowhere to go. Nowhere to hide. He was backed up against a wall and there was no one to save him.

He sobbed into his hands as the boy's left the bathroom, their laughter echoing through the halls. Yoongi ran into a stall and locked it, wishing he could stay there forever. He didn't know what suicide was. Hell, he didn't even know that killing yourself was an option. But if he did, he would've taken that opportunity a long time ago.

      He wiped away his tears with the back of his scarred hands. "What kind of superhuman am I? I can't even defend myself," he cried as he banged his head against the stall door.

"Yoongi? Is that you?"