A Helpful Hand

17.10.2000

Its been 5 days. I still cant forget about him. Maybe I should go back to the place where I first saw him? However he might not be there again.

After school me and some other friends went down town. We wanted to go look or a dress for prom next month. We were a bit too late to pick out a dress but I guess we didn’t have time to go out and shop.

 We were walking to the street where there are loads of dresses. It isnt a long way but we still needed to walk for an half an hour.

 On or way we were talking, laughing practically just goofing around. I was telling my friends a really funny story. They were looking deeply into my eyes also  they were still watching where they were going, trying not to slip and fall. Except for Amanda. She was listening so carefully that she didn’t see the tree ahead of her. And BAM!

She bumped into the tree. She didn’t shred a tear. Actually, she was laughing! I checked her face if something happened or not. There was a slight scar on her face but it will go away soon.

I couldn’t help but notice that there was a poster on the tree. It said:

“ARE YOU INTERESTED IN MODELING? WELL TODAY IS YOUR LUCKY DAY! UNTILL THE 20TH OF OCTOBER COME TO BLACK AND WHITE AGENCY TO TRY YOUR LUCK. MAYE YOU’LL BE A MODEL IN OUR WINTER COLLECTION AND MORE!”

That seems cool… I wish I had the body for it. I’ve never been skinny and after this age I don’t think I will. Even though my weight isn’t proper for modeling, I always wanted to become a model. Its been a dream of mine ever since I was 8 years old. I never gave extra attention to it but I’ve always imagined myself on the catwalk and attending New York Fashion Week.

Hannah:

“Claire! Are you coming or what?”

I grabbed the poster, fold it and put in inside my bag.

After an hour of long walking and trying on loads of dresses, we wounded up finding NOTHING! I cant imagine myself going to the prom with jeans and a shirt.

I guess if I cant find a dress, thats what will happen!

All night I thought about the modeling thing. And I said to myself “why don’t I give it a shot?” Maybe they wont care about my weight. Its not like im really really fat. I think my weight is fine. And besides there are loads of models out there who are 100 kg. And they say it makes them sexy because they have curves. Maybe they’ll consider my weight as sexy curves? Who knows? God I just wish they’ll like me.

19.10.2000

The day has arrived!

I didn’t mention the modeling try outs to my friends so without them noticing, I managed to go to the modeling shoot.

I was in line. There were loads of girls with hot bodies and beautiful faces. After seeing them I know think that the chance for them to choose me is 0.

I waited there for an hour. Some came out with confidence, some were nervous and some cried. I don’t know which category I will wound up it. But I hope I wont be in the list that cried.

It was my turn to shine.

I walked into a big studio. Loads of cameras, lightings, people… Enough to make you feel like you need to be a professional to be chosen.

There was a man with strict looks. He was sitting on the big table with 4 more people .I looked at the card in front of him to see his name. His name was Albert.

Albert:

“What’s your name sweetheart?”

Claire: