Chapter 1 (unedited)

Listen to Something Big by Shawn Mendes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I placed the food on the tray as slow as possible. I didn't want it spilling all over me. I briskly walked to the table it had to be delivered to. The table was filled with guys, at least five of them. They were all good looking. All of them had dark hair besides one guy, his hair was an almost white, blonde color. He was the first to notice me.

"Hey, gorgeous." He gave me a smile with a wink. He wasn't that bad looking, just not my type. I knew I had to be polite, so I smiled and continued with my job. The guy just didn't know how to stop. "Why don't you come over here. Relax a little bit." His other friends were now looking at me. They didn't say anything.

"Thanks, but no thanks." I just wanted to do my job.

And then he grabbed my butt. You just don't do that to me.

I turned around in a fast motion, grabbed his arm and pulled it around his back. His head was on the table. Other customers were looking at us with weird glances. They didn't bother me.

Blondie was wincing from the pain, and as I could see, his friends probably knew it too.

I leaned forward and whispered in his ear. "Now listen up. Next time you want to try that to me, you'll be losing an arm." I paused. "Or your head." And with that, I let go and walked away.

As I walked to the front counter, I saw Naomi shaking her head at me. Naomi was my co-worker and best friend. We had planned to work together since we were five and building snow forts.

It was the kind of thing where your moms were best friends and they had you a hospital room away from each other. You see, I never knew my dad. Apparently, he died before I was born. My mom died soon after I was born. She was in a car accident, leaving me with my Nana.

I loved my Nana something fierce. She was always there for me.

"What are we going to do with you?" Naomi smiled at me and lightly punched me in the shoulder. I shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe drop me off of a cliff?" Naomi scoffed.

"That wouldn't even get rid of you." I chuckled.

"You're right. I'd probably come back to haunt you."

"As if. You would probably escape from me the first chance you got."

"True. True." It wasn't true and she knew that. I could never leave my best friend. Naomi slung her around my shoulder and pulled me to her.

"Come on. We're on break." She pulled me to the back and took off her red shirt to reveal a tank top. She pulled her hair out of its bun. Her hair was long, reaching mid-back. It was a dirty blonde and was always stick-straight. Whereas mine was short, right past my shoulders, wavy, and an auburn color.

I followed her lead, taking off my shirt. I had a camisole under, so I slipped on my leather jacket. My leather jacket was my pride and joy, but so was my Harley.

At school, I was called the 'bad girl.' It didn't make sense because I never did anything bad. Yeah, I ride a motorcycle and knew how to fight. That didn't exactly make me bad. I needed to know how to fight. Especially after what happened a year ago. Or what almost happened.

I quickly slipped away from those thoughts. They weren't ones I cherished.

I stepped behind Naomi as we made our way to the front door. Since we were on break, we usually go take a walk on the beach. Our job was right on the edge of Main Street, right next to the beach. I worked at the local diner, Deb's Diner. It had amazing food along with great music.

I have been working there since it turned sixteen, two years ago. I was almost finished with my senior year of high school. After that, I was going to be a psychiatrist. It was a good job, I didn't have to deal with my problems.

Naomi and I stepped on the sidewalk next to busy streets. Soon, we were stepping into hot sand. I lived in Los Angeles, California. I lived in a smaller house, my Nana couldn't afford to live in a mansion. I was fine with that.

Venice beach was filled with people of different ages. Babies to the elderly. It was always hot this time of year, almost summer. The water was perfect for swimming. Too bad I had to go back to work. My shift would be ending at three. It was one. I usually did the six-hour shifts on the weekends. On weekdays I didn't work. School and all. But, I have enough money saved since I have been working for two years.

I glanced at the waves as they crashed down on the ground. I had this weird sense that something was going to happen something big. I didn't know if it was good or bad, all I know was that It was gonna happen soon.

And honestly, it scared me.

I spent the next twenty minutes with my feet in the warm ocean water. The time was spent with peace, that was until I felt someone's eyes on me. I looked around me. My hair blowing in the wind.

It was strange, though, I didn't see anyone's eyes on me. Naomi was getting us ice cream on the boardwalk. I sighed and turned back to look at the ocean, and then I saw it. It was a boat. A very big one, at that.

And then I realized why I thought I felt eyes on me. It was because there we eye's on me. On the boat, was a big group of people. And they were all staring at me. Just staring.

And it scared me.

I jumped up when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Naomi behind me with two ice cream cones in her hands.

Naomi laughed when she saw my fear stricken face. "Are you alright."

I just nodded to her as I grabbed my ice cream from her hand. When I looked back to the ocean. The boat was gone. And I didn't know how.

I stood there staring at the ocean. Where the boat was just minutes ago. I quickly finished my ice cream and stood up from my spot on the sand.

I had to get back to work even though I didn't want to. I looked at Naomi.

"We should probably get back to work."

"Yeah. Come on." I followed her through the string of people that lined the beach. And soon enough, we were in front of work.

Inside wasn't as busy as before but still had people bustling around. I felt a twang in my head and then everything blurred. The only thing that wasn't blurry was an image that seemed far away, even though I knew it wasn't. I could see that the body was lean and tall. It looked male.

I couldn't see anything else as my eyes closed and pain radiated behind my head. I heard people calling my name as I leaned against the door frame. My body slumped to the ground as I lost the feeling in it.

I wanted the pain to go away. And it finally did as soon as I passed out and darkness developed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N~ Ahhh! First chapter! I am super excited!

Things are definetely going to be getting juicy.

I am going to have short chapters, but more of them