Chapter 4 (unedited)

This is Hades played by Arthur Gosse.

Is was sitting next to my mom, Hera, talking about my life in the human world. I couldn't call it home anymore because this was my home.

I told her about Nana and Naomi, and how close I was to them. How much I missed them. I knew I would probably never see them again. If I did, it would be to say goodbye.

I could see Greece as the boat made it's way closer to it. I didn't understand why dad, Zeus, and mom insisted on using a boat instead of flying. I mean, going from California to Greece would take forever. We are probably still safe because we have Gods and Goddesses on our side.

Earlier today, Hermes flew to Mount Olympias. He was going to go see if Hades was there of in the Underworld. I didn't understand why, and when I asked, they ignored me.

Hermes should be back soon, since he has been gone for a couple of hours.

I sat on a chair on the edge of the boat. I loved to watch to water as we moved. I had my hands on the bars and my chin resting on top of them.

In the distance I saw a figure flying. It was Hermes. I quickly got up and ran, looking for mom and dad. I found them on the other end of the boat, the back end.

"Mom, Dad! Hermes is back!" They looked at me and started walking to me.

"Hermes, what did you find out? My dad spoke. His voice was very low.

"Hades is wondering where you all went. He doesn't know we went and got Camry."

"Woah, woah, woah. Hades doesn't know I'm coming back?" I was shocked. I thought he would be the first person they would tell. By now, everyone was around us.

"No. He doesn't," Hermes replied.

"Well, why the hell not?" Everyone looked around, but none replied.

"Camry, let's go over there and talk," Aphrodite said. I nodded my head and followed her. We stopped to where I was previously.

"Why didn't you tell him?" I was being demanding, I know. But, I honestly didn't care.

She sighed. "We wanted to surprise him."

"Why would you want to surprise him?"

"Because we know how close you two were." That's why?

"But, I was close with all of you." Aphrodite sighed. Apparently I wasn't understanding.

"I know you were close with us. But, you felt a special way about him." What is she talking about?

"Special way?"

Aphrodite groaned. "Camry, we know you were in love with him." Oh, that special feeling.

"Well, I... I was ten. He didn't even feel the same way about me. And, he probably is still in love with Persephone."

When I was five, Persephone left Hades. She wasn't natually supposed to, but he let her go because she was so unhappy. He was devastated she left. I was so mad at him because when she left, he went back to the Underworld and stayed there for a full year. He didn't say goodbye, and he was my best friend. When he came back, oh I was a livid bitch.

Aphrodite shook her head. "You were ten, yes. But, I think he did love you. And as for Persephone, he is alway going to love her."

She wasn't getting it, either. "I know he loved me. He loved me like a friend of family. He wasn't in love with me like I was him. And I know about Persephone, but he will always love her more than anyone else."

"No. Listen and listen good," Aphrodite sounded frustrated. "On your tenth birthday, the last day you had with us, I felt the strongest amount of love coming from Hades. He was in the Underworld with you. And, right before we lost you, I felt more than love, but the whole in love type thing coming off of him in waves. Camry, he was in love with you. He only realized it when he lost you. And I know you were only ten, but that doesn't matter. Not when we marry brothers or sisters. That doesn't matter with us. And I know you have a chance since you are older. I know it."

Is that true? Did I have a chance?

"Well, I remember that day. That was the first day I was allowed to see the Underworld. Right before I had to leave, Hades kissed my forehead and told me he loved me. And then that's when I was sent to live with the humans."

It was weird saying I wasn't a human, which I was. It's just easier when you are surrounded by immortals.

Aphrodite smiled. "That's when I felt the in love type feeling. And Camry, that hasn't left him since that day."

Could that really be?

"And," she continued, "we didn't tell him where we sent you. He was ballistic. He had a whiteboard in the back of his closet with possible places you could be. He wanted to find you, but couldn't. And, yes, he was mad at us. But, he got over it. And he never got over you."

I would love that to be true. I just wasn't so sure anymore.

"Does dad still have the same plan to make me the Goddess of the Underworld?" Yeah, I would have to work with Hades. They did prefer us be together, though.

She nodded. "Yes. Before you become the Goddess, you will have to learn how to do it. That does mean spending a lot of time with Hades."

I nodded and sighed. "Does he even know I'm coming back at all?"

"Honestly, I think we told him. But, I think he thinks you're never coming back." She looked to the ground and frowned. "Since you've been gone, he has been different. He buries himself in work, and he never visits Olympias."

"Oh." I didn't know what to say about that.

Aphrodite turned around and looked at the ocean. "Look!"

I looked. It was Greece. We were coming up to shore. I was coming home. I smiled at that.

I ran down the stairs and back into my room I had been sleeping in for a couple of days. I grabbed my bed and made my way back up the stairs. It looked like everyone was ready to get off the boat.

Honestly, Ares looked sea-sick. Poseidon, on the other hand, looked happy. I thought it was funny.

I followed in between Athena and Hermes as we made our way off the boat. I felt someone grab my back from my hand and saw Ares grabbing it with a smile.

"Thank you," I smiled at him, grateful. He just nodded, the smile still on his face.

I could see Mount Olympias from here. The mountain was Greece's biggest. The mansion we call home was perched right on top. It was invisible to the human eye, but not us. Technically, I was still human. But, I was born of Zeus and Hera. I am supposed to be a Goddess, and I will be the Goddess of the Underworld, soon.

At the base of the mountain, I saw four horses with carriages. The carriages fit four people, so I went in one with Zeus and Hera and the other Olympians went on another one, including Kratos.

It scared me at first, but I quickly got used to the feeling of flying in a carriage. It felt good.

Olympus was huge. The first thing I saw was the white gate, blocking off anything. We made it through the gates and I saw the beautiful hedges and flowers and the crops I'm sure Demeter works with.

It was all beautiful.

I knew I was home, and that made me happy. I knew I would see Hades today, and that made me happier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N~ I am on a role with writing this. I wrote three chapters today and I might try for four.

You all will meet Hades in the next chapter. Get ready!

Hermes- The Messanger God.

Date: August 2nd, 2016

ps. please comment and vote.