Chapter Two

Your boots tapped as you walked quickly up the stairs to the guess tower, he didn't know you were coming and you were just excited to finally get some alone time with your new boyfriend. Alright not so new, new boyfriend. You and Daryl had been sort of an item since he found you alone in the woods and then fucked you over the hood of the car as you waited for Glenn and Maggie to return from their scowering the house down the stree. You were almost caught as you sucked him off the next day in the shower but you wouldn't have been disappointed if you had, ever since then you two had been like that. You would meet up in different places, or whenever you were alone on supply runs, and fuck like bunnies. Once he had even bent you over in a random room and you had been caught that time but at least you hadn't taken the time to undress completely. Maggie never looked at either of you the same, she never opened doors without knocking again either.

You smiled when he noticed you, he placed the rifle aside and you wrapped your arms around his neck as he kissed you.

"Was beginning to wonder if you were coming." He said and you giggled because of course he knew you'd practically fall over yourself to get him when he was alone and everyone else was asleep.

"Wouldn't pass up this opportunity, Mr. Dixon." You said and he smiled, he pulled you inside with him and closed the door against the cold air. Of course it wouldn't make a difference but you would be with soon, wrapped up in his arms. You went slow, taking you time with the clothes but of course once the two of you were settled down and naked under the blanket he brought, the slow and steady was replaced with the fast paced thrust of his hips into your own. He didn't cover your mouth this time, didn't worry about it at all as his mouth tasted your neck, he sent you over the edge and then brought himself tumbling over. The door swung open with the last couple of thrusts and you both looked up at Glenn, you let a giggle leave your lips once the door was shut again and Daryl joined you with a soft chuckle of his own. You dressed and Daryl grabbed his crossbow from the floor and slung it over his shoulder, leaving the rifle there for Glenn who was his relief. When you walked back out Glenn couldn't look you in the eye as he fumbled an apology to which Daryl clapped a hand on his shoulder as we walked past, Daryl touched your hand gently and you kissed him with everything for him to see. He watched as you walked into the cell and you sighed once you were layed in you bunk, wishing more than anything that he would join you but you had already tried that once where he had said something along the lines of he felt claustrophobic inside the cells, like he was confined and he didn't like feeling that way. The next morning he joined you at your table and eventhough he didn't sit beside you, you felt close to him anyway. He licked his fingers and pointed at the map as he and Rick spoke of the sweep they planned for the next day, Rick said something and then motioned toward one of the new girls. Daryl nodded before he glanced up at you, he knew you were a very jealous person when it came to your man but you just shot him a wink and went about talking to Maggie and Beth about what you planned to do today. You met him by the gate where they parked the vehicles and felt it necessary to seek the girl's attention before you leaned up to kiss him, he smiled and kissed you back to tell you everything was okay. They were just going our for target practice but you know how sexy Daryl friggin' Dixon was and hey, some people would do anything sometimes.

"Be careful." You grumbled and he nodded, Rick had come by a moment before to see them off and I smiled my greeting up at him when we pulled away.

"Why don't you go too? I noticed your aim was a little off the other day on that run we all did." Rick said to you and you were about to argue that your aim was good enough when you realized why he was doing it.

"You sure?" You asked and he nodded, you smiled and he winked when Daryl turned away.

"You just make sure they actually learn something or I'll have to find someone else to go on that run with you tomorrow." He joked from Daryl's window and you smiled, he promised to tell Maggie where you were and you left. You drive a long way so that we didn't atttract any attention to the prison--well any more attention than there already was. You found a reason to touch him every chance you for, he wrapped his arm around your waist as he instructed the new girl in her techniques. You didn't need practice but you found him handing you the cross bow and he pointed at a mark on a nearby tree, you brought it up and aimed and hit the mark dead center. He jogged off and grabbed the arrow from the tree as the girl walked over.

"I don't think we've met yet, I'm Claire." She said and held her hand out to you to shake you shook it and introduced yourself as Daryl got back and handed the arrow to you, you reloaded almost as fast as he usually did.

"Ican't teach you nothin'." He complained and you snorted.

"You can dream." You tapped his chest and he took his crossbow back and started training Claire again, after a bit a couple walkers began to come from the woods and you told them you would get them. Daryl was right beside you as he shot another that followed right behind the other two, you stabbed the first in the head and the next grabbed at you but your right hand was just a bit faster than his claws and he fell to the ground with a thud a second after his head did. You resheethed your machettee and Daryl rolled his eyes at you, all three of you left and turns out the next morning he wasn't going to let you come along.

"But Daryl, I'm ready. I can go and you know I won't get hurt! I'm not a child, I can take care of myself!" You argued and he turned toward you as everyone got in the car.

"No, you're staying here and that's final. Don't argue with me, you know I'm right. It's too dangerous for you. Now, are you gonna pout or kiss me goodbye?" He asked and you could help it as you leaned in and placed your lips against him, you spent the rest of the day at the fence with Maggie, Rick and Sasha. At some point though you stepped wrong and twisted your ankle, Maggie helped you to the prison and Hershel told you not to walk on it too much and that of you did it would never get better. So here you are, laying in bed as everyone else worked their asses off to save the group. How could you not have seen then hole in the ground? You were so stupid sometimes! Now you'd be stuck there for as long as it took, you closed your eyes and was asleep before you knew it.

.....

Daryl threw his leg over the bike once they were parked, he knew that (y/n) would be upset once she saw the gash in his forehead but the first person he saw was Rick as he stepped away from the vehicles and stretched.

"(y/n) for hurt today, Hershel days she's fine but--" Daryl tossed his crossbow to the side and was running toward the cell block as quickly as his legs would take him, he skidded to a stop a her cell and she was asleep when he got there. Her foot was wrapped up and get jeans were rolled up to that they were around her knees like shorts. He sighed and shook her awake, needed to make sure she was okay. She was pushing and scratching at his hands as she tried to escape his grasp, then she realized who it was and hugged him just as tightly as he held her.

"Was so worried about you darlin'. Rick said ya got hurt and I thought you were bit. Are you okay?" He asked and she nodded, she sobbed softly and he pulled away to while at her face as she saw the cut on his forehead.

"'s notin'." He said and she kissed the spot, the blancket slid back as Maggie walked in with his crossbow in hand.

"Thanks." He said and she nodded, she smiled and checked on get before she left the alone. He got up and pulled the blanket shut and blew out get lamp so only a little light flooded into the room, they made love and he held her afterward touching her face every now and then to make sure she was okay. He would worry about her until the day he died but it was all worth it, he would never tell her this but he was completely in love with her and with that came a sense of responsibility and care. They would both worry about the other for as long as they both lived.