Chapter 5

"Hey wait up," Kiran yelled after him.

He quickly glanced back trying to get a good look at the person fallowing him. Through the entire motion his body was ready to strike at any moment and, oddly enough, all his hairs seemed to stiffen, arcing away from his body.

"Wait no. Don't attack. It's me. My name is Kiran. I was sitting next to you in the chamber back there."

"Why'd you follow me?" His voice was low, gruff, and annoyed.

"I just thought maybe we could help each other." Her voice sounded a bit too hopeful but she hadn't really noticed

"Help each other? You don't even know about your abilities. How could you possibly help me?"

"Actually, I still don't even know what you mean by abilities and that's exactly why I need your help."

"You're competition. Why would I help you?" he sneered, "Teaching you how to use your abilities automatically puts me at a disadvantage."

"But, I doubt I could possibly learn how to use my "abilities", She said the word still not fully sure of how to interpret it, "fast enough for them to be useful."

"Please. Neither of us could really know that for certain."

"Okay. Maybe that's true but you seem a lot more experienced in this than I do."

"Well you start to pick up on how things work here after being through it a year."

Kiran's tone indicated shock. "Being through it a year? As in you've done this before?"

"Soul survivor of last year's games."

Kiran tried to recompose herself, "See. How could I possibly hope to compete with that? I'm no threat to you."

He sighed loudly, unhappy with what he was about to say next. "Alright, fine. You can follow, but stay away from my kills or I'll kill you myself."