Chapter 7

Kiran and Quill quickly but quietly began exploring further into the catacombs. They were following the sound of an obvious altercation. Which led them to a chamber that opened up in the wall to their lefts.

"Kiran wait." He didn't really need to say anything. Kiran would have stopped behind him the moment she realized he had.

"What is it?"

"I need to stop and listen for which way to go." It was either through the chamber which connected this corridor to another and had a pool of water filling its center, or continue down the hall they were already in.

"Okay which way are we going?"

"One second." Quill closed his eyes and tried to focus on where the noise was coming from.

Just then a young girl, like Kiran, ran into the chamber from the corridor across their own. The floor of the chamber seemed to dip inward towards the ground because the girl jumped into the water and began to wade deeper and deeper into it. Then right behind her appeared her pursuer, a tall, stocky build, woman with long, thick, dark hair. She jumped into the pool right behind the girl who was now nearly to the other side of the pool but still naval deep in the water.

As soon as Quill saw the hunter he sprang into action. He was desperate now to make sure he secured his kill, but just as he was nearing the water the girl turned around and dived under. Quills foot made contact with the pool and his body went stiff.

Kiran wanted to help but knew exactly what was happening. He was being electrocuted and if she tried to reach in and grab him she'd be too. All she could do was watch until his body finally went limp and dropped to the floor, hard. The girl who had been running climbed her way out of the pool with the weight of what Kiran felt safe to assume was a dead body.

"Oh my god." Kiran sprinted towards Quill, seeing the dead hunter triggered her need to know if Quill was alright. She placed a finger at his neck checking for a pulse and breathed a sigh of relief.

But, that relief wouldn't last long.