Chapter 6

-Dan's P.O.V-

It's crazy to think that Y/N is actually here. The last time we talked was about nine years ago before it happened. One night after I went to bed a person broke in our flat. They took everything including our phones. I remember the last thing we said to each other. She asked if I wanted to go to Disney World with her and her family for a week in the summer. I told her I would ask my mum the next morning but I couldn't call her back. I missed her so much and now that I have finally seen her I feel I know it was worth the wait.

-Your P.O.V-

"Hello Florida! How are you tonight?" Phil asks the crowd.

The whole crowd screams, "Great! Thank you so much for coming to our show!" Dan says.

You smile as you lean back in your seat. Dan looks over at you and winks.

After the show you go up to Drake and ask to see Dan and Phil. He agrees and guides you to their dressing room, "Hey guys!" you start, "Good show!"

"Thanks Y/N!" Phil says.

"Hey Y/N! Did you have fun?" Dan asks as he hugs you.

"I had so much fun." You explain, "I was laughing my ass off!"

Both smile, "So are you doing anything tonight?" Dan asks.

"No not really. I was just gonna head back to my place. Do you wanna come over?" you ask.

"Sure! Phil do you wanna come?" Dan looks to Phil.

"I'm actually pretty beat I think I'm just gonna go to the hotel if that's okay, but thank you Y/N."

-Phil's P.O.V-

When Dan talked about Y/N earlier I knew who he was talking about. By the look in his eyes I could tell he needed to get out all his feelings. Now that he is going to hang out with her I don't want to get in the way. Dan talks about her all the time. It's all I hear.

-Your P.O.V-

You get in the car and Dan follows, "So how have you been?" you ask.

"I've been okay. I've missed you a lot." Dan replies.

"I've missed you too. How's the family? I heard about Adrian. I hate people online. Is he okay?" you ask.

"He has been better. He is really depressed and I try my best to talk to him." Dan explains, "I'm sure he would love to talk to you though. I'll call him when we get back to your flat."

You get back to your house and Dan sits on the couch, "Okay before we do anything I would love to talk to Adrian." You say.

Dan dials Adrian, "Hello?" Adrian says.

"Hey Adrian! Guess who I am with right now" Dan says.

"This could take a while just tell me."

"I'm with Y/N! Remember her?" Dan asks.

"Oh yeah! I remember her! Put her on the phone!" Adrian says as Dan hands you the phone, "Hey Y/N! How've you been?"

"I've been great! How's the family?" you ask.

"We're doing okay." You continued your conversation for about fifteen minutes.

"Well I am going to hand the phone back to Dan. I'll see you soon Adrian." You say, "Bye."

You hand the phone back to Dan, "Well Y/N and I are gonna hang out so I'll talk to you later." Dan says as he hangs up the phone.

"So what do you wanna do?" You ask Dan.

"I honestly just want to sit and talk to you. We haven't seen each other in forever" Dan explains.

"Yeah it has been so long. So what all has been going on?" You ask.

"Well I moved in with Phil as you probably know and I've been so busy. So what has happened with you since I haven't seen you?" Dan asks.

"Well, I got a teaching job which has been fun! I work with seventh graders so they are sometimes a hassle considering I'm the youngest teacher. Oh and unfortunately dad died about three years ago." you explain.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Y/N" Dan says.

-Dan's P.O.V-

What? Her dad died? How did I not hear about this? "Yeah, he was diagnosed with stage three cancer in 2011 and died in 2013. He was only fifty-six which is too young in my opinion." Y/N explains.

"Well just know I am here for you." I say.

"Thanks Dan. That means a lot." she says.

She lays out on the couch and puts her feet on my lap, "What do you wanna do?" I ask.

"I don't know. Do you just wanna watch a movie? Or!" She exclaims, "We could watch Attack On Titan! I just started watching it."

"Oh my God yes let's watch it." I say.

She gets up off of the couch and gets the remote off the table. I spread out on the couch as she sits down. She lays next to me with her legs on top of mine, "Ugh it's freezing in here. I'll be right back I'm gonna go get a blanket." She says.

"Grab me one too?" I ask.

She comes back with only one blanket, "I apparently only have one blanket so we'll have to share it."

She lays down in front of me into my arms. As she wraps the blanket around both of us I wrap my arms around her waist.

I've missed this. When we were younger we would do this all the time. We would just lay on the couch together and watch tv. Now that I think about it we were practically dating in high school. We hung it all the time and basically went on actual dates without even thinking it was a date. We held hands, we kissed (though I told her it meant nothing), we pretty much did it all. I can't believe I didn't see it before.

"So do you like Attack On Titan so far?" I ask.

"Yeah! It's really cool." She yawns.

"Are you tired?" I ask.

"No" she yawns again, "I am just slightly exhausted."

I yawn and find my eyes getting heavy and after a while I fall asleep. I wake up to find Y/N asleep as well. I don't want to wake her, but I have to get back to the hotel. Or do I? I really don't want to leave this position. I check my phone to see the time and see it is 2:30 am. I guess I could just stay here.
I text Phil:
From Dan: Hey man we fell asleep. I'm gonna stay here for the night and just act surprised in the morning that we both fell asleep. See you in a bit
From Phil: Okay see you then but remember we have the tour. We have to be there by 3

I look at Y/N and see there is something in her pocket. It is the letter. When she showed us the letter I felt very embarrassed, but now that I think about it I know she has kept it all these years and not let it go. Though I guess I shouldn't read into that too much.