Chapter 34: Work

Sasuke Uchiha

Seeing Sakura sticking her tongue in Naruto's mouth wasn't precisely what I liked seeing as I woke up, even more when she invited him to her house- And we all knew for what! That slut wanted to throw herself on him, I just knew it. Ever since I rejected her and marched out of the village, she had radically changed her feelings towards Naruto and that wasn't what bothered me. What bothered me was the fact that I had seen how badly she treated him whenever he ran after her and now... I only had to see her go after him as if he was a second plate. That's what I really hated, because she felt nothing for him until I left.

I was really starting to hate those two. Sakura for being so... hateful! And Naruto for being an imbecile and letting himself be used like that. Did he really not realize? Either way, it mattered little because surely, I would end up dead and Sakura... would dance over my grave just before getting in Naruto's bed.

Although I was a bit grateful that I had woken up in that moment so I could know what was going on because knowing that Naruto was a virgin and... that his first time would be with Sakura, gave me an opportunity to install fear into him that he would be unable to do anything. At least not today with his head thinking about everything I had told him. Perhaps I couldn't stop Sakura from sleeping with him when I die, but I could take him from her this night because today, Sakura would have to calm herself down alone. Naruto would be incapable of doing anything with her from the fear I put in him.

Kakashi entered when Naruto left and it was just what I needed: more problems, more discussions, and more tries to convince me. I gave him my back once seeing him enter and closed my eyes trying to sleep but Kakashi walked around the bed and sat in front of me.

"I don't want to talk." I told him very seriously.

"You're still the same as when you trained with me." He said. "Still as prideful and stubborn, I told you vengeance wasn't going to solve things, Sasuke."

"When am I going back to that prison?" I asked, ignoring his commentary.

"When you're well rested." He answered.

"Great, Wake me up when that happens."

"Sasuke... I've come to offer you something, a deal."

"Doesn't interest me." I told him, turning my back to him again.

"Sasuke, Naruto spoke to me about putting you back on the team with them. The elders from the council don't trust you, but I'm willing to give you an opportunity as long as you help in missions."

"Pass." I told him. "Let the scaredy-cat and his team take care of the missions."

"Come on, Sasuke, reconsider. You know what awaits you in prison; everyone here hates you, they won't leave you alone."

"Why would I help them? Why would I help the people who hate me? Why help the village that looked down on my brother after he helped them?"

"Because your brother made a deal with them so you could stay in the village, he didn't want you to leave."

"What do I gain if I accept?"

"I could free you from prison, Sasuke. I'd intervene for you. You'll be with Naruto, twenty-four hours a day."

"You're keeping watch on me?" I asked. "With that imbecile? Naruto doesn't even-"

I stayed quiet for a moment because I was going to say that I wasn't important to him, but now that I stopped to think about it, it didn't seem like a bad idea. Not because of Naruto, but because of Sakura. What would she do when she saw me free and on top of that... in her team? It didn't seem that bad, besides, I could make her jealous if Naruto couldn't leave my side because he'd have to watch over me. It could be my revenge for her for everything she told me in prison.