Chapter 28

I really hate how I wrote this so I am sorry for its shittyness.

Phil woke up wrapped in Damian's arms. He still felt his jeans attached to his legs underneath the duvet and breathed a short sigh of relief. Thank god he hadn't done anything stupid. His head was aching slightly but he tried to ignore it by cuddling into the sleeping curly haired boy lying next to him. He felt Damian wrap his arms around him tighter and smile in his sleep and Phil giggled quietly. Damian was just so lovely. And he made Phil feel good. He may have lost Dan who he thought was his world, but maybe he had got something better out of it. He had something special with Damian, they could and already had talked about anything and everything so there was no awkwardness at all. That's what happens when you realise you like your best friend. All the awkwardness goes because you know everything about them and it becomes even more amazing than before. It was like kissing Chris (it happened once in a game of truth and dare when they were younger, and they vowed never again, it was like kissing a brother!) but with feelings and it not being weird and wrong.

He heard Damian sigh and yawn, making Phil inwardly 'awwww'. Damian looked so young and cute when he was sleepy. He blinked open his deep brown eyes and Phil didn't have to look down at his mouth to see he was smiling.
"Morning," he said, his voice groggy.
"Morning," Phil replied grinning, and pecked his lips gently.
"I haven't slept that well in a while," Damian admitted, opening his eyes more fully as they adjusted to the light coming through the opened curtains.
"Why not?" Phil wondered.
"I have been thinking of you," Damian said, then hid his face in the sheets. "That was so cheesy," he groaned and Phil giggled.
"I think it's sweet. I think you're sweet," Phil said, moving the sheet away to see him face and Damian pecked his lips again.
"Well I think you're adorable, so there. And your bed hair is cute too. What time is it?" He asked, making Phil blush and start smoothing down his hair a little. He looked over at the clock on his bedside table and rolled back to face Damian, not judging the distance and his head landing about an inch away from Damian's face.
"Hi there," he laughed. "It's half 8,"

"No, morning, why must you do this to me?" Damian whined to the world and pulled Phil closer again, his head in the crook of Phil's neck and closing his eyes.
"No don't fall asleep on me," Phil said, moving his shoulder slightly to get Damian off it. "I can't sleep once I have woken up fully,"
"Well tough. As you are being my pillow for a bit," Damian said, his eyes still squeezed shut.
"Damey," Phil whined, stroking some of the curls away from his face. "Please,"
"No,"
"I will make breakfast,"
"Fine," he mumbled and opened his eyes. Ah the power of food.

"Is your mum home?" He asked as he dragged himself from the bed, Phil following.
"No, she stayed over at my aunties, so you don't have to be worried anyone will see you shirtless," Phil giggled. "And no one who is here will complain," he added, winking. Damian blushed and crossed his arms over his stomach.
"Shut up," he pouted but Phil walked over to him and uncrossed them, wrapping them around himself instead, hugging him tightly for a few seconds.
"You're gorgeous okay? Now come on, I'm hungry," he said happily and grabbed Damian's hand, leading him downstairs.

Phil rummaged around in the fridge and brought out some eggs and turned around to Damian who was sitting at his breakfast bar.
"Scrambled eggs on toast?" Phil asked happily.
"Yes please," Damian said perkily.
"And coffee?" Phil asked as he saw him run his hand through his messy curls and yawn again.
"Definitely," he said and Phil laughed. He dumped the eggs on the worktop and put the kettle on, putting some quick instant into mugs.
"Sugar? Milk?" Phil asked.
"Just one sugar please," Damian said and Phil put one in. He had deliberately given Damian his Sherlock mug, just to see him smile and to remind him who's was who's coffee as Phil didn't have milk either, but had 3 sugars. The kettle boiled and Phil poured the steaming water into the mugs and stirred them before passing Damian his, seeing him laugh at the reference on his mug. "Thanks," he said and took a sip. Phil left his to cool and grabbed the bread and put it on the side.

He started whisking up the egg in the bowl and found a frying pan, putting it on the cooker with a bit of butter in to heat up. He turned around to see Damian playing with the runny egg, watching is slip off the fork gloopily.
"Ewwww," he said, but kept staring at it smiling, watching it run off the fork.
"And everyone says I am childish," Phil laughed.
"But you are," Damian told him, putting the fork back in the bowl.
"That's true," Phil replied and Damian poked his nose.
"Lion lover," he giggled.
"There is nothing wrong with loving lions," Phil pouted, crossing his arms.
"I know. Lions are almost as good as tigers," Damian said cheekily and Phil prodded his stomach.
"Can you pass me the eggs then tiger?" Phil giggled.
"Certainly," Damian said and handed him the bowl. Phil turned away and pour the egg mixture into the pan and grabbed a wooden spoon, starting to stir it as it cooked. He stopped for a second and put some bread in the toaster, letting it cook while he returned to monitoring the eggs.

While he was stirring he felt Damian's arms wrap around his waist and he smiled. So this is what Chris had told him about. This feeling of having someone wanting to hold you even when you're busy. It was gorgeous. Phil beamed as he stirred the eggs and held onto Damian's hand with his free one, rocking them both from side to side with his hips.
"Phil?" Damian asked quietly.
"Yes sweet?" Phil replied happily.
"What... Are we together now?" He asked sheepishly, holding Phil a little tighter.

Phil rested the spoon on the edge of the pan and turned around, facing Damian, still smiling.
"I think we are," Phil told him, and Damian looked like he could fly. He squeezed Phil into a tight hug, laughing and then started kissing every inch of his face.
"I love you," Damian said, pecking his lips sweetly. "Shit the eggs!" he said quickly and dodged around Phil to stir them, just stopping them from burning.

Phil grinned at his panic and reached up and pulled 2 plates down from a cupboard, grabbing the toast that had popped up and buttering the slices, putting one on each plate. He playfully hip bashed Damian away from the eggs and picked up the pan, halving the amount and putting it onto the buttery toast.
"I have only just realised how hungry I am," Damian said, his mouth watering.
"It's good you can eat then," Phil said and put the plates down at the bar facing each other and slid into his seat, Damian the other.
"Hell yes it is," Damian said and cut off some of his food and put it in his mouth, chewing happily. "I'm so glad you can cook,"
"It's only eggs," Phil said modestly.
"Best eggs I've ever had," Damian told him and Phil blushed.
"Shut up you're too sweet,"
"Still not as sweet as you."

"Do you have to go home?" Phil asked sadly as Damian stood up from their bed where they had been cuddling and stretched.
"Yeah, my mum will be worried but I can come back after if you want-"
"Yes please," Phil said quickly and Damian laughed. "Would you be able to get my phone too? I kinda need it," he added awkwardly. They both knew that Dan had it.
"Sure, can I borrow a top from you?" He asked.
"Of course, just grab whatever one you want from the wardrobe," Phil told him. Damian grinned in thanks and opened the wardrobe, looking through the t-shirts before pulling out his purple Gengar one. He pulled it on and turned to Phil, striking a pose.
"It looks better on you than me," Phil told him.
"No it suits you just fine. Am I allowed my hoodie back?" He asked, raising his eyebrows and Phil realised he was absentmindedly hugging it.
"How about we trade? My t-shirt for your hoodie?" Phil asked, still clutching the fabric close.
"Fine with me sweet," Damian chuckled and walked back over to the bed, kneeling on it and pecked Phil's lips.
"I will be back soon okay, don't worry about anything while I am gone. I forbid it. Play animal crossing, I know you haven't been on it for a while," he told Phil who nodded and pulled him back for another kiss. Damian turned and walked away but Phil called out to him.
"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't even walk you to the door?" Phil asked and jumped up, sliding the hoodie over his arms but leaving it open and he took Damain's hand and walked with him downstairs.

Phil kissed him goodbye once more at the door as Damian left, and Phil went back through to his front room, picking up his ds and turning it on, looking out of the window every few minutes for Damian's return.

*****

Damian felt like he could dance down the street and back home. He was dating Phil. Phil was his boyfriend. That was all he had really wanted for the past few weeks and it had finally happened. He walked up his path to his door and pulled his keys from his pocket, twisting them in the lock and walking in.
"Mum I'm home!" He called. She appeared from the kitchen.
"Oh you went out? I didn't realise. Silly me, do you want some breakfast?" She asked him.
"No I'm fine," Damian said happily. "I'm going back out in a bit anyway," he told her and she walked up to him and ruffled his hair.
"I keep forgetting you aren't little anymore, even if you are about a head taller than me," she said and Damian smiled at her.
"I am only 17 mum, still plenty of time to go," he told her and clumsily kissed her cheek, turning around to walk upstairs to find Phil's phone. This bit he wasn't looking forward to.

He climbed the steps and stopped off at his room, grabbing a leather jacket from off the hook on the back of his door and pulled it on. He walked towards Dan's room and knocked on the door. No reply. He opened it slightly and saw it was empty, but there was a phone that wasn't Dan on his side table. He walked over and grabbed it, putting it in his pocket before leaving. He closed Dan's door and started to walk down the corridor but Dan came out of the bathroom.

Honestly, he looked terrible. Pale and slightly green, his hair curly but matted in tangles like he had been running his hands through it. He was in sweatpants and Phil's shirt he had been given a while back.
"Where's Phil?" He asked, stopping as he saw Damian.
"Where do you think?" Damian asked coldly. Dan glared at him and then his eyes flicked to Damian's shirt.
"That's Phil's," he pointed out.
"Yes. And?" Damian said, raising his eyebrows.
"Why have you got his shirt on? Why didn't you come home last night and why are you going back out?" He said, the anger rising in his voice as his sentence continued.
"I have his shirt on because I stayed over at his last night comforting him after you cheated on him with my girlfriend," Damian growled. "And I am going back to see Phil," he added, walking past Dan before he started yelling.
"I looked through his phone," Dan said quietly as Damian reached the stairs and he turned around. "You do know each other,"
"I did say. And Phil didn't want to tell you as he knew you would go all paranoid and get angry. He was protecting you while helping me become a better person and you broke his heart. I can't describe how much of a little shit you are at the moment," Damian said, his body tensing up as rage flooded it.
"I know and I know how much of a fucking idiot I was. If I could take it back I would. I just want my boyfriend back," Dan said, his eyes filling with tears and hope as he saw Damian's features soften slightly.

Honestly, even after what Dan did, it hurt him to see his brother so defenceless, but it didn't make up for how Dan treated Phil.
"I'm sorry Dan, but you're too late. He's not your boyfriend anymore, he's mine." Damian said, turning quickly before he could see Dan crumple and sped down the stairs and out of the hall, almost running back to Phil's house. Dan still loved Phil and he knew it but, so did Damian, and Damian didn't cheat to spite someone as perfect as Phil. Damian had never felt so strongly about someone ever in his life, and he wasn't going to give Phil back to Dan if he knew he could get hurt again.

*****

Phil saw Damian out the window and opened to door to his boyfriend who was panting, he had ran here.
"Damey are you okay?" Phil asked worriedly, pulling him into a tight hug.
"Yeah, just had to get out before i started on Dan. I got your phone," he said and pulled it out his pocket, passing it back to Phil. He saw the background picture and pulled a face. It was him and Dan hugging. He put it to camera and pointed it and him and Damian.
"Smile," he said and Damian pulled a funny face, Phil doing the same. He took the picture and instantly set it as his background. "Thanks tiger,"
Phil said and Damian smiled. "Is everything okay with Dan?" Phil added more nervously, walking into the front room and flopping down on the sofa, Damian landing beside him and putting his arm around him instantly.
"Well he knows about how we were friends before. And how we are dating now. And he told me he really regrets what he did but I told him it was too late," Damian said nervously and Phil reached up and kissed his cheek.
"Thank you. I know he's sorry but I seriously don't think I could forgive him after all that," Phil said sadly.
"It sucks having your heart broken isn't it?" Damian told him.
"It is, but mine is already starting to mend." Phil grinned at Damian who just gazed into his eyes and kissed his lips softly.

"I know this probably isn't the best thing to do but do you want to come over this evening and just hang out in my room? We can watch movies and stuff," Damian asked, nudging Phil with his elbow.
"I would love to. I will just hide somehow if I see Dan," Phil said and pecked his cheek again.

They managed to sneak into Damian's house without Dan noticing (Damian's mum was out so there wasn't a problem with that) in the front room. The dived into Damian's room giggling and fell straight onto the bed, the springs creaking loudly, making them both freeze and then burst into more giggles.
"Shush, Dan is in the room below us," Damian whispered, still giggling.
"I will only be quiet if you kiss me," Phil said cheekily and Damian laughed, then winked and pressed his lips against Phil's, cupping his cheek. Phil kissed back eagerly, pushing Damian slowly back onto his bed and he felt Damian smile into the kiss. He felt Damian swipe his lower lip with his tongue and Phil opened his mouth a little, teasing Damian who slid his hands down to Phil's waist, one squeezing his ass lightly making Phil gasp and Damian able to slide his tongue in properly. Phil chuckled internally at Damian's antics, but allowed it because he did give some of the best kisses he ever had. Phil traced his hands up his body and wound them in Damian's hair. Ever since Damian had gotten closer to Phil and more touchy feely he didn't bother to straighten his hair, and especially now as Phil loved running his hands through the soft curls. That was the difference between Dan and Damian, Damian would do pretty much anything for Phil.

He sneakily moved his hands down to Damian's neck and gently ran his fingertips over the exposed skin, making Damian squirm and break away from their kiss.
"Stop that tickles!" He whined, trying not to laugh. Phil quickly moved his hands down to Damian's waist, his stomach, his ribs, tickling him properly, leaving Damian breathless and with his hand covering his mouth to stop him from laughing too loudly. Damian squirmed away from him, getting closer to the edge of the bed until Phil saw the look pass over his face that he was about to fall and grabbed onto his waist, managing to haul him back onto the bed, him accidentally landing half on top of Phil.
"Do I always end up on top?" Damian asked, smirking but rubbing his nose against Phil's affectionately.
"I'm not complaining," Phil mumbled, dropping his eyelids and pressing his lips against Damian's in a slow kiss, feeling the slight buzz he always did when he kissed him.

Phil's stomach rumbled as it was pressed against Damian's and he pulled apart, smiling down at Phil.
"Hungry?" He asked and Phil's stomach replied with another rumble, making them both chuckle. "I'll get you some food," Damian said, pecking his lips once more before he rolled off Phil and slid off the bed, walking out the room.
"Thanks sweet," Phil called after him.

After about two minutes Phil realised he really needed to use the bathroom, and opened Damian's door, peeping out to make sure Dan wasn't around. The coast was clear and Phil sneaked across the landing to the bathroom, feeling a little like he was in a James Bond movie for some reason, which made him giggle. After he had used the loo and washed his hands he stared at himself in the mirror for a little while, smiling at Damian's hoodie and how it suited him quite well, pulling a face before walking out of the bathroom casually.

Bumping straight into Dan.

"Phil?" He asked, his eyes wide, almost of as if he was a ghost. "Phil," he said again, but his eyes were filling with hope and a small smile appeared in his lips, and he reached out to stroke Phil's face, but Phil moved back awkwardly.
"Dan, no," he said, apology in his voice but he wasn't sure why. But this was the boy he had fallen so hard for looking so broken, and Phil knew it was partially his fault Dan looked so messed, wrapped up in Phil's old shirt as a comfort for him being gone with the hair he hated across half his face in tangles.
"Phil, please listen to me," Dan begged, fresh tears welling up in his eyes and starting to drip down his already stained face. "I love you. I really do. I don't even know why I was such an idiot and kissed Amy, I didn't even like her! I just felt so jealous of how you hugged Damian and my paranoia set in and then suddenly I was kissing her! And then you appeared and I was so stupid for letting you run and not following. I just felt so numb that I didn't know what to do!" Dan said, staring into Phil's eyes the entire time. "Please take me back Phil, I love you. I need you." Dan pleaded, grabbing onto Phil's arm as if he would slip away.

Phil had no idea what to say. How could he? His heart ached for Dan, seeing him so torn up and a complete wreck, but he had still hurt him and that was so hard to forgive. Phil wasn't sure if he could or not.
"Dan..." He trailed off uncertainly, in able to look back into his eyes. He heard foot steps behind him and looked over his shoulder, seeing Damian carrying a plate of nibbles. Damian, pulled a confused face at Phil and an angry one at Dan, setting the food down before walking over to Phil. Phil pulled his arm away from Dan and looked between the boys.

His eyes fell on one and he knew he couldn't continue whatever this was.

He walked back to Damian and slid an arm around his waist.
"Dan, I am so sorry. But you broke my heart. You made the choice in getting a broken heart in return," Phil told him sadly and Damian nodded with him.
"Dan, look," Damian said, walking forward to him. "I'm sorry you had to see Phil again and I am sorry things aren't exactly good for you but-" He was cut off by Dan leaping at him, and pinning him to the ground.

Phil stared wide-eyed as Dan turned into an animal, his face fierce as he pounced on top of Damian, knocking him to the ground. He threw a punch to Damian's jaw, then another, and harder. Damian reached up and caught his hand, managing to stop the next punch, but it was getting closer to his face and he kneed him in the stomach, making Dan role off him and then struggle to get up again.
"You stole him," Dan spat and leapt at Damian again, clawing at his face as he tried to punch him again. Damian caught his arms as wrestled with him frantically and Phil finally snapped.

"Stop!" He yelled just as they broke away for a second, about to start grappling again, and they froze. "Just stop! Fighting won't make a fucking difference, it will just injure you both and I don't want that! I don't want either of you hurt but I can't fix that okay! Now just stop!" He yelled and they both stepped back, their eyes growing as Phil took over. "I hate yelling," Phil told them. "And you guys have just made me swear so don't fucking try anything okay?" He saw Dan start to move a bit closer, the anger still flaring in his eyes, and Phil stepped in front of Damian more in some way of protecting him.
"Are you okay?" He asked him and Damian nodded, giving Phil a small apologetic smile, wincing at the cut Dan had caused with his nails on his cheek. "Dan are you okay?" Phil asked again and Dan just hung his head. Phil stood in silence, looking back at them both, not quite sure what to do from here.

"Phil, I'm sorry," Dan choked out, unable to meet his gaze.
"Dan," Phil said, stepping towards him and tilting his chin up gently to face him. "You broke my heart. And I am sorry I have to break yours back but what can I say? I just... I just can't be with you anymore. How am I meant to trust you at all? And I am with Damian now and I know it's hard because he's you brother, but, he makes me happy. I wish I could find someone to do that for you too," Phil told him sadly, taking his hand away from his face.
"But that person is you," Dan said, more tears dropping from his puffy eyes.
"Hey, no more tears, I'm not worth all this. I probably don't deserve either of you at all, but I really don't want either of you to be at each others throats. Can you promise me that Dan?" Phil asked tentatively.
"Okay," he whispered, bowing his head again.
"Thank you,"

Phil took a step back but Dan looked up and stepped with him.
"Phil, this is probably way out of line but... Can I kiss you? Just one last time? Please?" He asked, looking back into Phil's blue eyes and he just looked so lost.
"Is this okay with you Damian? I promise it won't mean anything," Phil told him.
"It's okay," Damian nodded, but looked away. Phil turned around and saw Dan's face looking back at his own, still slightly doubled over from where he was kneed in the stomach. He tilted Dan's chin up again to face him and pressed his lips gently against Dan's, feeling Dan move his lips back. He felt the slightly crackle of electricity he used to when he was with Dan, but then all he could taste was salty tears and he pulled away, still smiling sadly at the broken boy.

"I'm sorry Dan." Phil said, and walked back over to Damian, taking his hand and leading him down the stairs and to the kitchen, hearing a strangled sob fade away behind them.

"Holy shit that was intense," Damian told him as Phil looked at him in the light.
"Yeah," Phil replied. "Are you okay? Your jaw looks a bit swollen but at least the cut isn't bleeding,"
"Yeah it will be fine, used to happen to me a lot. Thanks for stopping Dan. And for not leaving me," he added and Phil gave him a small reassuring smile.
"It's fine," he said and pecked Damian on the lips, but he didn't feel the buzz he used to get anymore.

Bonjour my fabulous readers I am back from like my 5 day break! I have been having problems writing this (was meant to be done by Halloween not literally just finished) and then I went to my grandparents were there is no wifi which is not fun when you need to communicate. But I really don't like that chapter I am really sorry for it and the wait for it it really wasn't worth the time it took to finish it. Again sorry.

In other news I have an exam on Tuesday! WOOO English that I don't give a shit about! So I don't know when I will be writing. Oh and as well as that my ex bestie (might remember me talking about bitchy friends like chapters ago) is trying to get back with me and I don't know how to say 'no bitch go away you were horrible for no reason and I am not your puppy who will follow you now you have pretty much replaced you bye' without being a diva. Maybe I should just say that, through glitter at her and walk away like Beyonce. I quite like that idea actually :p

Anyways again apologies for the really crappy late update (but that least that rhymed)

Stay creative my chilli beans! (Do those exist?)

Anni out!

*brushes your hair 100 times and you become a princess*

(Also almost 10k reads?! What the hell guys like how? But thank you all and I love each and every one of you *blows you a kiss and then throws glitter around in celebrarion* <--- see that's what happens when I am tired its like almost midnight)