0.1- No turning back

"Everyone yearns for some sort of mystery, but the thoughts of fitting in and being normal forms clouds causing endless rains."

*Third point of view*

Rain pours down from the colorless cloudy sky. It lands on the once dry grass and the train tracks. The very same rusty tracks that belongs to the trains.  The type of trains that rode the people to their destinations.  And the trains that less and less people rode each day due to new cars and taxi cabs you see rushing out of sight as if it's one of those cliche action movies.

However, there are some that still walk miles to a train stop in the middle of almost nowhere. A place where a lonely gas station stands still with crooked roads and trees. The type of trees that hold life within its grasp and beg for more room for its roots and wildlife while the train tracks run through. 

Some of the forest has been cut down for a path. A path that leads to the train tracks and ignores the whistling wind within the trees. Before the path there is a sign off to the side saying"To Train".   A animated hand is drawn and points towards the dirt path with patches of grass and leaves. This path leads to the main section of where the train will stop everyday, throughout the day, during scheduled hours and if you try hard enough the hours you suggest can become part of the schedule. 

There is a girl that rides this train everyday. The very same white and red train where she makes her way throughout the city of Boston for reasons of her own. It continues to rain on this day.  Another day on the same train, going to the same stops, the same lights, pasting by the same trees, and simply doing the same thing.

Her lengthy black hair falls down to her hips. The side bangs fall from behind her ears and make their way on the sides of her pale face, dropping more when she leans her head towards the ground. The rain makes its way through her hair and runs along her grey eyes and cold cheeks. Keeping her eyes below she watches her old black converse squash against the soft wet grass while she kicks pebbles along the way. She makes her way past the bright signs that is used to signal the people to stop, cross, be careful, and educate them on the mileage.

Continuing to pass the signs she walks onto a wet white concrete with splatters of old coffee stains from clumsy employees. She makes her way towards a metal flooring kept inside of the train and reaches over to hand a couple of bills fit for a normal train ride. Turning right the blur of the leather double seats and poles that hold the standing people past by her as she continues with her head down.

The inside of the train resembles a bus with the seats facing towards where the train operator would be and enough room for two to sit.  Dirty poles are also scattered around the train with at least two occupying each section. 

She arrives at a seat kept in the back and scoots close to the window stricken with drops of rain. Looking up slightly she looks out the window. A window that has yet saw any movement beyond the trees. Her hair is placed on her shoulders with her bangs still hanging on the sides of her face, making it less possible for people to see the features she keeps hidden.

The train shakes from the little movement people make while getting onto the train. Minutes tick by while she waits for the train to begin. However, before that can happen a presence is seated to her right. As she's ready to find a new seat the voice belonging to the presence speaks.

"Hello" the boy's voice speaks, terrifying the girl even more.

Now stiff in her seat she wishes she could possibly move even farther away. Though, she stays, not turning around and not speaking.

The boy notices the lack of response. He thinks she did not hear him, however, he skips another hello and gets right to the questions.

"What is your name?" he turns to look at her.

Her eyes are still glued to the window as she doesn't respond.

"Do you hear me?" He asks moving closer to the girl.

She hears his voice closer, scared of any more movement she quickly nods and pushes herself to the window.

He notices the nod and leans his back into the seat, still fairly close to the girl.

"Why didn't you answer?" he asks while turning his head to his left, eager to see her face.

Instead of speaking she shrugs which causes little movement to her hair. She hastily takes her hair and places it forward for it to continue covering her face along the sides.

Noticing the tension the girl holds he speaks "Am I making you uncomfortable?"

She shakes her head no in hopes to not make the boy feel guilty.

"You sure?" He continues with the questions.

She nods her head while softly humming a response.

"So you won't mind talking to me?"

Silence. She struggles with an answer, so she ends up with a shrug as a response.

"You know that will consist of you talking back" he states.

A roar comes from the train as it starts and interrupts their short conversation. The boy then turns his head forward and the girl struggles to stay close to the window.

~~~

Comment, vote, continue on with your beautiful lives :)!