0.4- A sweet moment

"Sometimes, you have to stop thinking so much and just go where your heart takes you"- Unknown

He cleared his throat after what he thought was a small humming session he kept to himself, realizing it wasn't as small and so kept to himself when chatter came closer to his seat.

"Well done young man" a little old man with circle rimmed glasses had said with bright eyes.

"Oh my, your voice is so good!" a bit older and fragile woman had expressed with a wide smile.

"Uh thanks" he answers shyly to all the comments.

He didn't expect this, the people applauding his voice. Heck he didn't even expect himself to start singing loudly. He thought it was just some soft singing. Guessing he got lost in the song and now felt embarrassed.

He was used to doing so in the shower or anywhere else in his home, alone. Not out in public, not as much anymore that is.

Why was this time different? Maybe the fact that he sat in the back with the girl. The quiet girl that didn't have much to say. He somehow felt comfortable singing near her. Maybe her not speaking didn't scare him as much as those that spoke too much for themselves to handle. He always thought the troubled minded was more of a talker like him.

However, he didn't know how frightening silence could really be as music was his main source to break it.

Soon the chatter died down and the people who found it necessary to find the singer found their way back to their seats.

Silence was between the two that shared the double seat that was placed in the far back of the train. Though, few scattered seats were behind. It was known for not many people to use while on this train.

He fiddled with his fingers as she keep hers folded and tightened on her lap as she continued to keep her stare out the window.

Now he didn't know how to start a conversation. Too busy wondering about her thoughts. She seemed too quiet for her own good and the silence was bothering him in a way that wasn't good but wasn't bad. Just different. 

The music swallowed him at the moment. Music always had its way to comfort him and he has been told it did so to others sometimes, but people tend to agree differently at moments. He never knew the truth but the fact that it lifted weight off his shoulders and he wasn't going to let society take it away from him.

"Yo-you have a beautiful voice an-and good taste in music" She speaks delicately.

His face twitched as a smile crept on his face. Not expecting much of a comment coming from her as she kept quiet usually.

Instead of saying thank you right away like to the other many comments he received he asked. "You know that song?"

Smiling to herself she nodded. Of course she knew that song and the artist behind it. She knew many of his music as well as many other musicians. She was a lover of music and was glad he was as well.

He saw the nod instead of her speaking out loud which caused his smile to softly change into a frown. Although, talking seemed like something she didn't do much. Taking the chance he figured he could get her to talk more about the subject.

"Do you know who made the song?"

Nodding once again was her response.

"Oh" he thought she would tell him. He did know who made the song, he just wanted to hear her speak once again.

"What's his name? Sorry I seemed to have forgotten." He didn't know why he said sorry. Maybe it just sounded polite knowing she wasn't a fan of talking or much interaction as she stayed faced towards the window.

She tried to clear her voice without much noise as she answered quickly "Eden".

He smiled for a sweet moment for hearing something, even though he couldn't make out what she said entirely. He knew she knew.

He also knew he would be getting more out of her soon.

~~~

Hey I guess I did make it up to you guys while giving you a double update in two days. Hope you enjoyed.

This song is called "Breathe" by The Cinematic Orchestra. I think it went along pretty well if I say so myself. I actually just found the song today. I knew the band and searched up more of their songs, found this and here it is. Maybe it wanted to be known.

You may comment, vote, and continue with your beautiful lives:)