52. *

"Eve, come on."

"I don't want to go," I pouted.

"But you get to wear a pretty dress," Benji reasoned with a grin. "Come on, Nate and Char will be there. It'll be fun."

"Dad's Christmas parties are never fun. They're tolerable."

"Just like you." He turned to my closet and plucked my dress from the rack. "Here, I'll put this on your desk. Just get ready."

I dragged myself from the security of my bed and put on the simple green dress, sliding on some flats so I wouldn't have to lean on Benji for support when it got late and I inevitably got sleepy.

My makeup was already done so I pinned my hair back and wandered downstairs to pick through the food on all the trays while no one was around.

"You look so beautiful," my dad beamed as I walked past his bedroom. "Going to eat?"

"You know it."

While I was scoping out the cheese platter I got a text message from Harry, who was in the United States visiting his mom for the past two weeks. I missed him all the time and since this was our first extended time apart, I didn't really know what to do with myself.

From: Harry
Can you FaceTime right now? I miss your stupid face

I rolled my eyes and hit the little FaceTime button, setting my phone on the counter while I made myself a yummy sandwich.

"Hey, baby," he rasped as I was putting my plate in the microwave. His hair was all messy and his lips chapped, like he had just come in from outside. He was also shirtless, which was a major plus for me.

"You look tired," I laughed, putting my chin on my hand as he smiled sleepily. "What have you been doing?"

"Fucking models and doing lines of cocaine," he answered with a small sigh. "This is New York, after all."

"Oh shut up."

"Kidding, darling. You know your püssy is the only one I need."

"Keep your voice down," I shushed him with wide eyes. "My dad is lurking around here."

"Sorry, baby. So what have you been up to?"

"Getting ready for this stupid Christmas party my dad throws every year," I groaned, rolling my eyes. "All his work friends come over with their families and I have to answer the same question a million times."

He raised his eyebrows. "Sounds fun."

"It's not. So anyway," I smiled at him and he grinned again. "What did you guys do today?"

"My mum has been dragging me around sightseeing all day," he exhaled. "I've been here two weeks and somehow still haven't seen everything worth seeing in the city."

"Are you over your jetlag yet?"

"Yeah. I don't sleep well in this damn bed, though. I need you."

"Aw," I laughed a little. "You're being so sweet."

"I miss you terribly, darling."

"I miss you too." I popped another cheese cube in my mouth and carried my phone back upstairs to my bedroom. "How's your head?"

"No headaches," he answered proudly. "And nosebleed free."

"That's great."

He put his head down on the bed in front of him and sighed. "I just want to sleep."