57.

Harry held me all night long but I still didn't get any sleep.

Memories of birthday parties and family picnics ran through my head on a loop, sending my heart into fits of erratic beating until around three o'clock, when I finally collapsed into Harry's arms and fell into a very weak sleep.

When I woke up at six, the shower was running in my bathroom and Harry was gone from my side.

I rolled from my bed and put on my uniform and socks, then got back under the warm sheets. Going to school was the absolute last thing I felt like doing, but I thought that maybe menial tasks were the best way to distract me. If worksheets and quizzes weren't enough to get my mum off my mind, I didn't know what was.

Harry emerged from the bathroom suddenly in only his boxers, hair dripping wet and skin flushed from the hot water.

"You're awake," he said, his deep voice heavy with surprise. "Are you hungry? Thirsty?"

"No."

He shook his long curls out and ran a towel over them then crawled on the bed. "You're dressed?"

"Yeah."

"We're skipping school, baby. There's no way we're going today."

"But-"

He leaned down and kissed my lips softly, letting out a low moan as I ran my hands over his bare chest.

"You need sleep anyway," he added with a grin. "No offense."

"Rude!"

He put his huge hand on my face and I leaned into it, exhaling heavily.

"Do you want to put your pajamas back on, my love?"

"Yes please."

Harry pecked my lips again and dragged my skirt off, my socks and jumper following shortly until I was left in only my bra and panties. The silk sheets felt cool and fresh on my skin and Harry sank down beside me so I was warm and secure.

"You're my favorite girl, Eve," he mumbled into my hair. I could hear the rain plinking against my windowsill and Harry's gentle heartbeat on my cheek as I twirled a wet curl around my finger. "And you know that I would do anything for you, right?"

I yawned, rubbing my eyes. "Yes."

"If you want me to stop talking to Isabella-"

"Oh shut up," I laughed softly as he stroked my hair. "She's one of your best friends and I don't expect you to just ignore her."

"But I would." He put his face in the crook of my neck and exhaled deeply. "Just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it."

"I want you to stay here forever."

He laughed and it vibrated against my skin, giving me goosebumps as his hands moved to either side of me and he pushed off the bed.

"I have to go to practice after school, baby. But do you want to do something before that? There's a new mini-golf place near downtown."

I looked at his beautiful face and couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, sure."

"Get dressed, darling. I'll drive."