Chapter two

Annabeth grinned.
"Big library." She said smirking. I rolled my eyes pulling by braid loose letting my black hair tumble down my shoulders. Then I saw a large couch. We made our armor turn back into the shimmery gold back packs and set them on the ground. I clapped my hands together.
"Well, that'll have to wait because I'm taking first watch. No telling when the people who own it'll be back." I said pointing at the couch. "I'll go try to find some grub." I said walking down the hallway with a bag of stale dorritos that I found in the depths of the pantry and three cans of soda. I walked into the room with the couch and set it all down grabbing a couple of chips and popping them in my mouth, Percy and Annabeth doing the same.
I sat in the room with the couch and polished off the last few crumbs. I stifled a yawn and looked at Percy and Annabeth. Truth was my shift ended a long time ago, but, I couldn't bring myself to do it. It wasn't like id get much sleep if I did anyways...
My blood ran cold when I heard the click of a lock turning. I bolted to the couch and woke them up shushing them.
"Their here." I hissed they bolted up and I handed them their bags and we ducked behind the stair case. The metal door squeaked open and two pairs of boots came down the stairs. They stopped abruptly at the landing and I saw one of them point at the table where we had left out the chip bag and soda can on the table. I cursed quietly as there feet disappeared from sight. I reached into my waist band and pulled out my hand gun.
"I'll distract them, you guys make a break for the door." I instructed quietly. I heard the sound of a hammer being pulled back.
"I don't think that'll be happening." A gruff voice snapped.