Chapter Nineteen

The thing about being a Poseidon kid; no one else has eyes like them. Their the ocean. Dad himself had told me that once. 'My children, your brothers and sisters, all have the sea in their eyes. You can tell their very emotions just by looking at their eyes' Then he ruffled my hair and vanished. So we are very distinguishable, even after years of not seeing a Poseidon kid. So when his face flushed red and he yanked the gun from Sam's grip and pointed it at me I winced and lowered my head.
"I told you to stay away from us!" He screamed putting his finger on the trigger. Sam and Dean stood rooted in their place in shock. But before I knew it a strong arm pushed me behind them and stood in front of me.
"Cas...?" I asked looking at him. That seemed to knock Sam and Dean out of their state of shock. Sam yanked his gun back and glared at him.
"What're you doin here dad?" Dean sighed.
"Well I was hoping to run into you boys."
It was an awkward car ride. John's car had been left at the abandoned warehouse he had been intending to find the Demons in. Let's just say he did. Cas had elected to ride back with us. He sat in the back between John and I. The piles of books in Greek on Hera I had previously had dumped in the seat beside me had been moved to the floor board by my feet. I had informed Cas about what was going on, and he was eager to join. He was leaning his head on my shoulder reading the Ancient Greek text with me.
"So, you are supposed to recover Hera's crown?" He asked. I smiled.
"Well, it's called a crown, but it's really a staff. Super powerful, like, can wipe out whole cities." I informed. He made an 'ooooo' noise.
"I see why she would want that back." He nodded thoughtfully. I chuckled. Suddenly a voice pipped in.
"How can you read that crap anyways?" John's voice demanded. I, however, elected to ignore him. Cas took his eyes off the page and glanced at me but then returned his eyes to the page. "Hey you hear me?" He demanded.
"Oh I did." I said breezily though I knew my eyes where a storm. "I just figured since you dropped me off in the middle of no where you would know." I sighed. Cas glanced at me warily.
"Guys..." Dean warned as the bunker came into sight. When he parked I slid out and Cas did the same and I began gathering the books. I had one armload and Cas grabbed the last of them and followed me in. I walked in behind John, and due to the giant pile of books in my arms, I didn't notice he had stuck his foot out at the top of the stairs. As I began to fall however I felt a hand grab my shoulder and steady me. I turned back around and saw Cas, cradling his pile of books with one arm. I smiled my thanks to him and he returned it before moving his gaze to John. It hardened significantly and sent John hurrying down the steps. I smiled at him and started back down the stairs. I laid my books on the table and looked at everyone. And by everyone, I mean, Sam, Dean, and Cas.
"So, me and Cas heard the demons talking, and they said 'Our boss has a new weapon he's itching to try out' and I don't know if that's a lead or not, but they seem to close together to be coincidental." I stated as I sorted the books. Sam, Dean, and Cas exchanged looks. I raised my eyebrow.
"I'm assuming you three know their boss?"