Chapter 5: Training

As much as us students were training to be heroes of sorts, we were still students. And students still need to learn. Hence...

"Alright kids! You all ain't greenhorns anymore so man up! I'm seeing familiar faces and new ones here, so I'm pretty happy. Now, let's get this started!" Lilac exclaimed.

"So.. she always like this?" Au asked.

"Kinda... I didn't know you transferred here though."

"Nothing special. Princess, and my lil' sis did it. Victoria's from the Army, so she's a transfer student too."

Once again, we were getting trained by Lilac. At least we didn't have a genetically engineered monster this time.

"Okay, this here's a simulation hall, I want all of you to get into your teams and meet me at the entrance!"

Apparently, 4 second year teams were having the same class her at the facility building, the simulation hall.

The simulation hall was a rather special facility where individuals could train with realistic AI units, be it monsters or humans, as long as the unit was registered into its memory, it could be generated. Best thing was, you couldn't get injured by the simulation, as once it detects that you would be dead if it were a real situation, the simulation would stop. Even if you get hit by the AI, all they leave is a mark that fades instantly.

The hall itself is a large room with a large amount of projectors that does the simulation, projecting the AI as well as terrain. It was a very high tech facility, to be honest.

Once the teams had gotten together, Lilac continued giving us briefing about what we were going to do. I noticed Violetta while looking around and was about to gesture to her when I saw that she was looking at someone.

A girl with white hair and a scarf, having two daggers with a trigger... pistol-daggers? Violetta was emitting a cautious aura for some reason.

What's with them...? Does she know her?

"Okay kids! Time to get down to business. Rosaria! You and your team are going in first! The rest of you can observe how they fight!" She grinned.

The six of us stood at the the door of the hall while the rest walked towards the observation deck. The door opened upwards and we walked in.

Once in, the door closed behind us and Lilac's voice boomed from the speakers in the walls. She told us that we would be fighting against a pack of 12 drakes. With 6 people, it shouldn't be too hard.

The terrain was a forest, not really dense, exactly like their natural habitat. It was also similar to the area I stayed in with the wolves before Black's father found me.

Speaking of which, how are those wolves doing? I haven't been seeing them recently. I hope they haven't forgotten me.

"Okay kids, you guys are in Drake territory now, so expect them to come from all directions. You're gonna have to work together if you wanna pass."

"Guys, prepare your weapons." Au said, and we all activated out Mechs while Raan Tian just unsheathed her daggers.

I had somewhat gotten used to people seeing my scythe, so I just straight up changed my Mech into the scythe form.

"Au, shield our backs. Sylvia, go front. Drakes always attack where our backs face, so I'm counting on you."

"On it." They both said.

"Este, Victoria, provide cover. Raan Tian, you and Yun will take out those you can."

"Okay."

Almost immediately after I finished my sentence, the Drakes appeared, running targeting our backs. Just as I remembered they would.