Chapter 17: What Happened

Nana sat down on Kyra's bed, wiping some sweat off of his face. She was here early compared to the rest of her team. I had just managed to slowly walk to Kyra's ward myself.

"Good to see you up again." She grinned at me.

"You sure keep a straight face even when things are bad."

"Pfft. I'm just sucking it up." She shrugged. "So, mind I ask what exactly happened back there? I never really gotten the full picture from anyone. Only three people knew. You, who was pretty depressed for the past two days; Violetta, busy as heck; and this guy. Who's.... pretty much out cold." She laughed.

"Alright, I'll tell you." I started speaking.

Two days ago, we were in Rubirus, buying some study supplies. Those of us who were there were Violetta, Kyra, Raan Tian, Au, Slyvia, Gyou and Arthe. We had met up to get the things we needed before the week ended, to save us some trouble. Those who weren't with us were back at the Academy, waiting for us to return. After we left the shop, there was a sudden commotion when Ash, a katana wielder, and Tike suddenly attacked. Violetta told me that Ash was one of the strongest swordsmen in the Talon, and he had an ability very similar to Maya's. Ash, like his name suggests, was able to dissipate into ashes and reappear in another location nearby, just like Maya and her petals.

He deftly split us up along with Tike, splitting us away from each other. Ash was the one who managed to bring my sis, Kyra and I into the nearby forest. Once we deep enough inside, we were ambushed by Vega, who stopped my sister from interfering the fight and also leveling the three-to-one advantage we had against Ash. Ash was capable of handling the two of us, since I was the only other sword user around and Kyra was at a disadvantage since he had a bow.

My sis had her hands full trying to fight against Vega, and noticeably had a lot of trouble doing so. Vega had a variety of weapons, just like my sis said. Throwing blades, chakrams, gun-blades and even a set of claws. My sis was barely keeping up to her attacks, which were insanely fast.

At that time, I had my hands full fighting against Ash. His blade was obviously lighter and faster than mine, but wasn't as powerful. The difference in sharpness was to my advantage at least. His tall stature made it easy for him to keep me away, so I had to keep parrying to get closer. And when I got close enough, he would dissipate and appear around me randomly. Kyra couldn't release his arrows properly due to us both moving so fast, most which he did release didn't even hit.

After a long time of fighting, he somehow managed to get behind me and set me off balance, causing me to trip and fall. When I tried to get back up, he was already one step ahead of me and raised his sword to do a downward slash. It was at that moment that Kyra suddenly lept in front of me and took the blow for me. That was when my powers surged out.

At that time, it felt as though a giant of emotion was pouring out of me and I somehow unleashed a giant column of red and blue flames which forced him back. Vega, who was shocked from the sudden unleash, fled, leaving the near exhausted Violetta running back towards us. Just then a glowing, wing-like projection sprouted from my back which helped me to burst towards Ash, and creating a slash strong enough to cut down tens of trees in the progress. The attack forced Ash back several metres. Noticing the severe difference in strength, he fled. After he did, I soon passed out, leaving Violetta and Professor Callum to bring Kyra and I back here to the hospital where I woke up in.

Au and Sylvia told me that Tike dealt quite a lot of damage to the town's old port area, suggesting that the main goal of the attack was to try and separate and stop the others from interfering with the fight between Ash and I.

Violetta didn't think that Raven was behind this, neither did Professor Callum, though Professor Rivera had her doubts.

"Eh..? So that's what happened... I think really think you had any other powers other than your light wall and fire-immunity."