~*~Three~*~

*Annalisa*

‘Who would I tell anyway?’

The words echo through my head as I speed down the highway, I need to get to the hospital.

His eyes when he said it though, so sad, Kade’s brown eyes had gotten sad when he talked about his father’s bike more so. Why do I care? I shouldn’t. He’s a nerd. He’s the good boy.

He follows the rules. He’s the opposite to me.

Yeah, but he’s on your mind. That little annoying voice whispers in the back of my head.

I pull my bike over on the side of the road and lift the visor of my helmet up, my fingers tracing the cursive writing of black ink that sat on the inside of my right forearm: Theresa.
And right under it: Georgia.                                                                                                        

They’d know what to say, they’d know how to make me smile, I look up at the sky, seeing the dark grey clouds rolling in, I’d have to get there now, flipping my visor back down I continue my ride to the hospital. My blonde hair flapping around behind me in the wind.

I get to the parking lot and into the reception area just as it starts to bucket down. I ignore all the receptionists and when nobody’s looking I just slip past and into the elevator. I knew one of them had seen me, she gave me a little wink, knowing exactly where I was going. I wasn’t family, but that had never stopped me and it never would.

I walk into room 109, watching as one of the little brunettes green eyes start to sparkle and dance with excitement. “Annie!” She whispers cheerfully, the other brunette turns her head to look in my general direction, echoing her twins cheerful call of my name in a more reserved manner.

I can’t help but let the smile cross over my face, they’d always ask me why I came in all stormy looking, but I didn’t have the guts to tell the little eight year olds that that’s who I was when I was away from them. I walk towards them, their covers weren’t on and they were shivering like mad, their small frail sick little bodies doing nothing to help keep them warm.

I go to the little brunette first, “Hey Georgie.” I whisper quietly pulling her blanket up to under her chin. She grins and I lean down, pressing my lips gently to her forehead before turning to her twin sister, identical in every way, but there was an easy way to tell them apart, “Hey Tessie.” I say just as quietly, pulling up her blanket.

“Thanks Annie.” She whispers back with a yawn, before she starts to cough, her entire body shaking with such force it broke my heart, when her coughs finally subdue she looks at me, or where she thought I was, her once bright green eyes now cloudy, a white smoke colour.        

Theresa was blind and it was my fault.

“How long are you staying Annie?” Theresa’s voice interrupts my thoughts and I pull my phone out, checking the time.   

I frown, due to hanging out with Kade I was later than usual, I’d have to leave soon, if I wanted to make it to the party on time. Tori would be expecting me, but she’d leave me the second Chase or Gideon or one of her other playthings came into the picture. “Annie?” This time it was Georgia.

I turn to them, “Not long, but I’m not leaving yet.” And as I watch their smiles grow, if possible, bigger, a smile crosses my own lips.

“Annie, what are you thinking about?” Georgia asks, Theresa looking over at me as well as I sit on the edge of Theresa’s bed, Tess’s little hand wrapped around mine.