~*~Eighteen~*~

*Kade*

My arms tighten around her as she cries into my shirt, hand clenched in my shirt, I lift one hand up to her hair, stroking my fingers through the blonde locks.

I press my lips to the top of her head. “It is not your fault Anna,” I murmur, just loud enough for her to hear.

She pulls back and looks up at me accusingly, “Did you not hear what I said?” She looks down as she whispers quietly, “It was my fault.”

I lean forward pressing my lips to her forehead, “No. It’s not, Theresa and Georgia already had cancer.”

“But because of me Tessie went blind.” She interrupts.

“Shut up women and let me finish.” I laugh, adjusting Annalisa so she was straddling me as I bring both my hands up to cup her cheeks and make her look me in the eyes. “I know who you’re talking about, I never met the girls but I knew Liz, I worked with her for a short amount of time, before all that happened. She’d talk about Jarod, and how the doctor had said he only three months left and he’d always prove them wrong.” I inform her, letting my hands drop to her arms, rubbing up and down. “He was beating odds, but each time he did he’d be in more and more pain, they were waiting for him to go, Jarod was in indescribable pain, Liz was thankful because he wasn’t in pain anymore.”

I stay silent as Annalisa reaches up and rubs her eyes quickly, letting her hands fall to my chest as I link mine together at her lower back, “But Tessie and Georgie.” He eyes flutter to her tattoo with their names written there.

I sigh, “They were ill already, you can’t blame yourself, Liz doesn’t, Liz didn’t. You shouldn’t.”

Annalisa nods lightly, and goes to stand up, “We should call Rob and start this.”

I tighten my grip around her waist slightly, pulling her to my chest, Annalisa looks up and meets my gaze as my eyes lock with her green ones. I lean forward and gently swipe my lips across hers. “I know I can’t talk you out of this,” I whisper, my breath rebounding off of her lips. “But be careful, I can’t lose you during this.”

“You won’t,” She whispers back, one of her hands gliding lightly up my chest to cup my neck lightly.

I close my eyes, keeping them clenched tightly, “I don’t mean physically Anna,”

I feel Annalisa press her lips gently to mine, “I know. But you won’t lose me, because if you’re to lose me, then it means I am to lose you.”

“You convinced her to do this didn’t you?” I grumble to Robin as he tries to open a window to the second floor of the building.

I was breaking into the building where the women who raised me worked.

And she knew it too.

Rob lets out a grunt of frustration and Annalisa laughs, unknowing of the conversation I was having with him, as I move him out of the way to open the window myself, “I told her to find you, and that we’d probably be leaving tonight.” He admits as the window clicks lightly, letting me know it was now open. “Didn’t realise we’d be breaking into this building.”

I let out a sarcastic little laugh, “We’re screwed if we’re caught Rob.” 

The window swings outwards and I look up at Robin as he nods, “I know.”

“Anna, if worst comes to worst, run. Get out and don’t get caught, you don’t need breaking and entering on your record.” I say as we perch on the windowsill, making last minute plans.