*~*Six~*~

*Kade*

 I slowly open my eyes, my vision blurry and a weight on my chest. I look down squinting seeing a mass of blonde, moving one arm I pick my glasses up off the bedside table placing them on, flinching as my hand brushes my cheek.

That asshole Gideon had a really good arm. “Anna?” I question as the little bundle squirms around before a hand is placed on my chest and the blonde pushes herself up until she’s hovering over me.

And sure enough my brown eyes meet her blue ones. She reaches forward and runs her finger lightly over my cheek, well that was bruised, I think bitterly as pain courses through the area, Annalisa cups my chin and rubs her thumb over my bottom lip, “You’ll survive,” She finally concludes making my chuckle slightly, “You should go shower, you smell.” She adds moving away from me.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and look at the red-eyed girl sitting awkwardly on my bed, heading over to my closet I beckon Annalisa over to me. Pulling a box forward: ‘Kaycee Mathis’
Was scrawled over the top, I open it up as I feel Annalisa’s presence next to me, pulling out a shirt and pair of jeans. “Not your usual style.” I murmur holding them out to her, “But it’s better than nothing. I’ll get Robin to show you where the shower is downstairs. It’ll be uh cleaner.”

Annalisa lets out a snigger at my admission as I bang on the spare bedroom door, not waiting for an answer as I open the door seeing Robin half asleep in just his jeans. “Show her the bathroom downstairs.” I say as a greeting, patting Annalisa on the shoulder.

“Kade.” Her voice stops me, and I look over my shoulder at her, “You’re explaining everything to me. Got it.”

I hear Robin laugh at her forwardness and I can’t help but let out a chuckle of my own, nodding slightly as an agreement, letting out a laugh as Annalisa glares at Robin and he instantly shuts up.

Fifteen minutes later I walk downstairs, after inspecting my bruised cheek, busted lip and putting in my contacts. I go down barefoot clad in just worn black jeans and a plain short sleeved white shirt, the past two weeks seemed like a joke now, I think as I spot Annalisa sitting on one of the couches in the lounge room, hiding my tattoo, making sure I always had my glasses on. What was the point, Robin was right, she was one of the girls that went to fights.

“Hey.” Annalisa looks up at me, looking up with a jump, I must’ve jostled her out of her thoughts. “Where’s-”

“Went out, didn’t tell me where.” She interrupts, I nod and walk over to the closest couch across from her, Annalisa gets up and sits next to me, inspecting my face, doing what she’d done both last night and this morning.

Running her fingertips lightly over my cheek and my busted lip, slowly her hand drops down my arm where she begins to trace the black ink coiled around most of my left forearm, “It’s in honour of my father,” I say quietly, startling her out of her thoughts again.

She traces its head before her hand still and she looks up at me, “Why a snake?” She questions, her blue eyes meeting my brown eyes.

She blinked a few times and I realised it must be weird seeing me without glasses, hell seeing me with a bruised face was probably weird and the tattoo probably didn’t help. I take in a slow breath before forcing the name out. “Jonathon Mathis.”

I open my eyes to see her jaw drop before she gasps out, “The Viper.” She looks at me, like maybe there was another Jonathon Mathis, I nod at her and she leans back in the seat, her touch leaving my arm as her mouth drops slightly. “He’s your dad.” She whispers slowly, “Which means.”