Putting out Fires

Willow burst out of his room like his life depended on it, and it just might.

Spark was in the kitchen with his recipes!

The kitchen was across the common area from his office, and was big enough to feed the entire facility at full capacity. That included twenty full time staff and as many as three hundred large Pokemon. The common area in the center of the facility combined the first and second floor. A few support beams broke up the monotony of the open space. Willow could see the dining area from his office. It was above the kitchen as a loft. Stairs and a railing were the only things that separated it from the common area.

A cloud of smoke layered the ceiling of the second floor all the way to the end of the dining room. The cloud of smoke came from the KITCHEN!

"SPARK!" Willow bellowed.

The sliding door over the serving counter opened. Sparks curiously smiling face peeked out from the kitchen releasing a fresh wave of smoke.

"Oh, hi Professor." He waved completely oblivious to the smoke.

Willow grabbed the fire extinguisher by his office door and used it to bulldoze his way into the kitchen. He looked for the fire and aimed it around the kitchen but there was no fire.

"Would you like some cookies?" Spark asked, he was wearing a pink apron with frills and he was holding a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

Willow looked over Spark's shoulder there were six trays of Pokemon candies, all different. He looked around for the source of the smoke.

"Spark, why is there so much smoke?" Willow asked.

"Well you see..." Spark smiled and scratched the back of his neck nervously with his oven mitten. "I have to learn by doing and you wanted me to learn the recipes so I made as many as I could I even tweaked a few so they'd be better. But I burned the Growlithe candies."

"Growlithe Candies are only supposed to be made over an open flame!!!" Willow spotted the oven billowing smoke and rushed over to it.

"I know but I thought if-"

Willow opened the oven and a wave of heat and smoke blasted from the oven, the Candies where on fire! He aimed and squeezed the lever and sprayed the oven fire out.

Cough, cough, "Spark! Open a window and clean up this mess!"

The professor coughed and left the kitchen he had to check on his Eevee and Blanche.

At the back of the facility opposite from the entrance was a large oversized double door to the laboratory side of the facility. The laboratory took up the entire south half of the building and it was split into thirds just like the north half. The west and center third combined into one large open space and the east third was lined with twelve to twenty four smaller rooms for various other experiments and storage.

Willow couldn't believe the state the research lab was in, the entire lab was in shambles. He didn't have a lot of equipment yet, the bulk was going to be delivered over the course of the next couple weeks. Everything he did have was shattered all over the floor, anything that couldn't be shattered, like glass, had been scattered to the wind or had gnaw marks on it.

Blanche stood at the far end of the lab with a pen and paper still taking notes. She was completely oblivious to the disaster around her.

"Blanche!" Willow howled.

Blanche turned to see the professor and nodded her head in acknowledgment. She checked her watch and jotted down a few more words before she closed her notebook and went to meet Willow halfway across the lab.