Meet the Family

"Professor Oak, I don't know how much longer I can do this. After only one day with these kids; my lab is a mess, the facility almost burned down, and my truck is scrap metal in the center of the meadow." Professor Willow sat in office in front of his computer rubbing his temples.

The older gentleman on the monitor placed his hand on his chin considering Willow's predicament.

"Fighting off Team Rocket was easier than babysitting these kids. I did the math and if they are here nine to five I'll be bankrupt in a week." Willow pounded his throbbing head onto his desk in time with the jolts of pain.

"Go over today with me again, and don't leave out any details." Professor Oak sat patiently listening to Willow's story, only stopping to say: "yes" and "I see."

Willow took a deep breath against the pain of his head.

"Winston you don't look so good. Go to bed early tonight, and get some rest. Then in the morning, take a good look at what your assistants created instead of what they destroyed." Oak smiled warmly at Willow.

"You're not making any sense, they didn't create anything, they just broke everything."

"Get some rest Winston, and then call me in the afternoon with your findings."

"Fine you've been doing this longer than I have. Thank you for listening. Goodnight Professor Oak."

"Good night Professor Willow." Oak smiled and then his face was replaced by the words CALL ENDED.

Professor. He liked the sound of that; Professor Willow. He smiled for a second until he head throbbed again. He summoned Eevee back into its Pokeball and returned to his bedroll. He fell asleep almost as soon as his head had hit the ground.

Willow woke up before the sun was out. He found his head cured of the migraine he'd had the day before. He flipped his glasses down and stared at the ceiling. He really didn't want to clean up the messes that his assistants had made. He debated about including his Pokemon, maybe just Eevee would be enough for now. He clicked the button on his Pokeball and Eevee appeared next to him in a flash of light that was much too bright for this early in the morning.

Eevee yawned and curled up next to him, it was too early for Eevee apparently. Willow curled his arm around it to pet its head, and Eevee made happy noises.

When he decide to start his day Eevee would probably be bounding everywhere. For the moment, Professor Willow was content to just enjoy the silent peace of the moment.

The sun crested over the trees a few minutes afterward and Eevee began to stir. Soon it was up and beginning for food.

Willow finally braved to common area, it was cold from the night's air. A giant hole in the wall will do that to a building.

"I'm going to have to reinforce the walls." Willow noted as Eevee trotted around him. He opened the door to the kitchen, now that there wasn't any smoke it didn't look so bad. There were a bunch of mixing bowls and cooking instruments in the sink. That was to be expected, he hadn't really given Spark a chance to wash the dishes.

The Eevee candies sat on the counter on the cooking tray that Spark had set out. There were five more cooking trays and all of them had a note next to them.

"Added honey?" Willow asked picking up the paper next to the Eevee candies. He picked up the small round candy about the size of a large marble maybe bigger. He sniffed it. It didn't seem any different.

He held it out to Eevee.

Eevee sniffed it once, and then swiped it. Eevee practically swallowed the thing whole, and then it pawed at Willow's leg for more. Willow was impressed he had no idea that Eevee liked honey so much. He grabbed a few candies and stuffed them in his pocket and gave one more to Eevee which it devoured eagerly.