The First Assistant

Professor Willow turned to Fearon. "I need to go to town for a bit, can you carry me?"

Fearon nodded and stretched his wings.

Willow scooped Eevee into his arms and looked at Roar. "You're in charge, Roar. I'll be back in a couple of hours."

Roar set his feet and roared loud enough to shake the earth, he gave a particularly piercing glance at Rex who rolled his eyes but followed as Roar turned to go to the lake to spend the time with Gerdy. Alix teleported to some shade near the lake and began meditating.

Willow had left them in their pokeballs a lot over the last few days. A free day in the sun would do them some good.

Adjusting his pack Willow secured the straps against his chest and gave Fearon the thumbs up.

Fearon cawed he flapped his wings and hovered to Willow, he wrapped his talons around the bedroll on Willows back like always and took to the skies.

A few hours later Willow returned home. His pokemon were taking naps out by the lake and Willow parked a new junker truck behind the building far out of the reach of the trebuchet. He didn't need a repeat incident, the insurance company was forgiving this time, he didn't want to press his luck. Fearon and Eevee bounded out of the truck with Willow.

He patted the truck, "Please last through my assistants." He prayed to the Truck gods that they would preserve his 'new' truck.

Willow made his way out to the lake. Fearon perched on willows pack and Eevee bounded back and forth around him.

"How's the water, Gerdy?" Willow called.

Gerdy was basking in the shade of Roars body. She looked up then tilted her head at a nearby pile of trash on the shore.

"Well its better than I expected, thanks Gerdy. We'll pack it up and incinerate it later." Willow removed his pack and his jacket. He sat in the shade and took in the day.

That was the day everything changed, for the better.

"Willow! Professor!"

Professor Willow hadn't noticed he had drifted off until he heard a familiar voice call out to him.

Spark was running to him wearing the same clothes he had been wearing the day before. Willow squinted, Spark was still a ways down the trail but he had spotted willow and was rushing toward him. he was carrying something that wasn't an egg. Was that a pokemon? Not just a pokemon, a Pikachu. Well, well, well Spark had hatched the egg into a Pikachu.

Pikachu was an electric mouse-type Pokemon. It was bright yellow against Spark's orange sweater. With a lightning bolt tall, red circles over its cheeks, and long straight ears with black fur accenting the tips Pikachu was normally about the size of an Eevee, this Pikachu seemed a little larger than most though.

Willow waved and pulled himself out of the shade of Roar foliage. He brushed some of Roars spores off his clothes. Roar must have sensed Willows stress and encouraged a nap with some sleep spores. Willow gave a pointed look at Roar, but Roar merely adjusted himself so that his face was closer to Gerdy's.

"Shameless tree with legs." Willow remarked playfully.

Roar yawned in a smug response.

"Willow!" Spark was out of breath and nearly collapsed at Willows feet. "I did it!"

Willow nodded and smiled. "I can see that. It's a very handsome Pikachu." Willow could smell the burnt ozone from the Pikachu's electrical abilities. Which was stunning, Pikachu's didn't normally gain a high-powered electric type move until they were a higher level but this one's checks nearly glowed with potency.